Gibson Brands Forums

Found this

From the SD website:

The Jimmy Page wiring is a fairly complicated switching system made famous by Jimmy Page and was later used in Gibson's line of Jimmy Page Les Pauls. It uses four DPDT switches and incorporates coil taps for both pick ups as well as a phase switch on the bridge humbucker and a series/parallel switch for combining both humbuckers in series and parallel for a total of twenty one different pick up wiring possibilities. The schematic is available from Gibson's website.

http://www.jimmypagewiring.com/Wiring_Diagrams.php

jp_style.jpg

This reminded me of the Jimmy Page Les Paul #2 that Gibson created.

Forget about the value, but the idea sounds interesting.

Too bad that the site does not have sound clips to actually hear what it does, but the wiring scheme is must be really complex, with those two additional push buttons under the pickguard.

Maybe I wouldn't go as far as having all LPs like this, as suggested by Old Scratch, but I certainly wouldn't mind having something similar.

Guest icantbuyafender
This reminded me of the Jimmy Page Les Paul #2 that Gibson created.

Forget about the value' date=' but the idea sounds interesting.

Too bad that the site does not have sound clips to actually hear what it does, but the wiring scheme is must be really complex, with those two additional push buttons under the pickguard.

Maybe I wouldn't go as far as having all LPs like this, as suggested by Old Scratch, but I certainly wouldn't mind having something similar.[/quote']

whoa woha

4 push-pull pots for coil splitting and series/parallel...

and 2 buttons under the pickguard????!?

for???

wtf!?

INCONCIEVABLE!

jimmy, you are one tricky man.

This may be dumb question' date=' but what does putting the pickups out of phase mean and what does it do?[/quote']

If you ever hear Peter Green (Fleetwood Mac) play I Need Your Love So Bad that's what a Les Paul sounds like with the pups out of phase.

Archived