Gibson Brands Forums

Who wants a 2008 standard?

elvendio

Chambered but new style neck I think.

the Description says its an Asymetrical neck which would make the neck fatter on the low strings and thinner on the high strings, the same way the hand grabs the guitar

although.. dont we have to put our thumbs directly on the back of the neck sometimes...? for example.. if you make a minor chord using the A string as the bass note. wouldnt this new neck make that harder??

although.. dont we have to put our thumbs directly on the back of the neck sometimes...? for example.. if you make a minor chord using the A string as the bass note. wouldnt this new neck make that harder??

If you're worth your weight as a guitar player it shouldn't make a difference!

I'm kidding, of course! ;-)

From the cross-sections I've seen comparing the assym neck with the regular '60s...there is barely any difference. It is so slight that I'm not convinced anyone will be able to tell the difference unless they know better. Time will tell though.

If there IS a noticeable difference, there will be lovers and there will be haters.

I'm open to trying it despite the other changes, and the Traditional is a little too old school for me.

Guess I'm stuck with buying "vintage" '05s for a while.

Archived