Gibson Brands Forums

Saw 3 New Elitists on Ebay

tulsaslim

I was cruising Ebay Sat. Nite and found a place called 'lamusic' in Canada that had 3 brand new elitists for sale for only $100 more than they were selling new. They had a brand-new white LP Custom, a brand-new black LP Custom, and a brand-new cherry Dot. They all had a 'buy it now' price of $1299 + $32 shipping w/ hsc.

These are the only new elitists I seen for quite awhile. I'd buy all three if it wasn't so close to tax time.

He also had a couple of elitist /61 sgs in very good condition, albiet used.

Just thought I'd pass it on.

lamusic_customguitars is the seller (store) name.

it sucks that the secret is out, as it were, and elitists are so expensive now. the sheraton, and especially the byrdland and broadway sell for more now than they did new. [cool]

it sucks that the secret is out' date=' as it were, and elitists are so expensive now. the sheraton, and especially the byrdland and broadway sell for more now than they did new. [cool

I'm happy about it!

elitists.jpg?t=1267483931

Hi everyone,

The exclusive distributor in Canada for Epi and Gibson did indeed have a number of customs and custom plus guitars in stock late last year...I know because I was in communication with them and bought one!

LAMusic must have picked up a few and are now trying to sell them via eBay. I saw one of them too and reminisced.....

Anyway, ironically I might be selling some or all of my electric guitars (incidentally all Elitists), so if you're interested watch this space. Sometimes a person just has to make the tough decisions.

Hope everyone is doing well!

• 2 weeks later...

it sucks that the secret is out' date=' as it were, and elitists are so expensive now. the sheraton, and especially the byrdland and broadway sell for more now than they did new. [blink

This is quite true. I've been eyeing the Elitist Byrdland for a few years. Should have bought one while they were still in production and used ones were selling on eBay for $1100 - $1300. New ones could be had for $1500 - $1800 as I recall.

A Toronto area store recently posted on their website what they suspected was the very last new Elitist Byrdland left in North America. Price : $2800 (nearly $3200 with sales tax). Absurd, I thought. They'll never sell it. Well, it was sold in a week at the published price. The last 2 used ones I saw on eBay went for around $2K, and a 3rd one went for way more than that.

I feel fortunate to have just picked up a used one in mint condition - at ALOT more than I ever thought I'd pay for one of these.

Archived