Gibson Brands Forums

Pick a Bass

Leodhas

Hi, Basically I have a number of Epi guitars including a Masterbilt and Sheraton II and now I am going to get my first bass and I thought of you good people, therefore I have a question! Which of the following bass guitars would you choose, basically which one would you pick! I just can't choose one and I'm after your advice!

1) The Epiphone Les Paul special bass

2) Epiphone EB-3 bass

3) Epiphone Thunderbird IV

4) Epiphone Embassy Special IV

It's for my home studio as a go to bass, it won't be used for giging and basically only used occasionally for simple backing bass lines. So which would you have, please answer as I'm pulling my hair out. Which is the best bass out of those for what I have in mind?

Thank You for any help,

Louie.

None. Go get you a Fender Jazz Bass. The most versitale bass on the planet. Bar none.

I'm loving my Squire Vintage Modified 70's Stlye J Bass. It blows a way my MIM and MIJ models. Jazz Basses are availible at every price point.

Which of the following bass guitars would you choose?

1) The Epiphone Les Paul special bass

2) Epiphone EB-3 bass

3) Epiphone Thunderbird IV

4) Epiphone Embassy Special IV

Myself, and just my opinion, out of those listed I would opt for either the Les Paul or EB-3. I kinda like the EB-3, not real heavy..........

I like Jazz basses but I prefer a Precision so if you're dead set on an Epiphone I'd go with the Embassy.

(What's it like in Leith these days? I used to live there years ago and it was a grim place back then)

I like Jazz basses but I prefer a Precision so if you're dead set on an Epiphone I'd go with the Embassy.

(What's it like in Leith these days? I used to live there years ago and it was a grim place back then)

Better yet' date=' I'd go with an Accu-Bass, they are great and go for cheap these days.

If you don't [i']need[/i] an Epi, then like everyone else, get a Jazz Bass. :-k

Archived