Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Randy Mallory

Joe Pass Emperor question

I just bought a new Joe Pass last week (beautiful guitar!) and I notice it has the Epiphone "E" truss rod cover instead of the Joe Pass signature cover. This is something I haven't seen before. Anybody else have one of these?

Thanks!

I just bought a new Joe Pass last week (beautiful guitar!) and I notice it has the Epiphone "E" truss rod cover instead of the Joe Pass signature cover. This is something I haven't seen before. Anybody else have one of these?

Thanks!

Mine still has the cheezy signature on the trc. I don't think it makes much difference.

Perhaps the endorsement contract has run out and Gibson/Epiphone don't want

to pay his estate any further royalties..or maybe they are back to the standard TRCs now.

Thanks!

P1010215.jpg

Mine has the Joe Pass on the TRC.......I would just prefer the Epi logo do you wanna swap [biggrin] I bought mine second hand and the signature was thankfully gone from the pickguard. Joe Pass a great guitarist but let's get real here he played a Gibson and I don't want his name all over my beautiful Epiphone Emperor II.

Perhaps the endorsement contract has run out and Gibson/Epiphone don't want

to pay his estate any further royalties

In that case the guitar would not be manufactured at all.