Gibson Brands Forums

hardcase for sheraton????

sheraton84

hi, im really gutted, just bought a gator hardcase for my sheraton, and low and behold it dont fit, the headstock is slightly to big, the guy i ordered it from said it would!!! anyone know what kind of hardcase will fit as i cant get my hands on a epi case till april time and i need it asap, any help guys?

Hate to bring bad news, but I don't think there are any other cases it will fit into.

The only case I found that my Sherry fit in was an Epi case. I have a Gator hard case that I bought hoping my Sherry would fit in to, but it is now the home of my Dot and Sherry is in the Epi case. I ordered an Epi 335 case for my Sherry a few years ago and it was on order for like 4-5 months. I finally gave up and bought a Gator case thinking my Sherry would fit, it didn't. Fortunately I had an Epi case that my Dot was in.

Although the Gator 335 hard cases are nice, I like the Epi cases more. The Gator case cost more, but I prefer the looks of the Epi case. I had to customize the case for my Dot, I didn't like the angle the neck laid over the brace inside the case, not flat enough for my taste. So I built it up under the body so it laid straighter. My Dot fits like a glove in it now.

this was thrown up in another thread not so long ago so I went for a Thomann 335 case not impressed at all.....still looking for two good cases for my Sherris any suggestions out there......My Joe Pass Epi case is a cracker but the Epi cases cost a lot more.......

hi' date=' im really gutted, just bought a gator hardcase for my sheraton, and low and behold it dont fit, the headstock is slightly to big, the guy i ordered it from said it would!!! anyone know what kind of hardcase will fit as i cant get my hands on a epi case till april time and i need it asap, any help guys?[/quote']

Wait 3 weeks and get the Epi case? The gators are nice, maybe hang onto it for another guitar?

Boy, you got that right. I just received the Epi case for my Joe Pass last week and I literally had to leave the case open for a week before I could put the guitar in it. I can't describe the smell other than to say it reminded me of the one time I smelled embalming fluid. The day it arrived, it literally stunk up the whole house - gave both my wife and myself the headache from he**.

Boy' date=' you got that right. I just received the Epi case for my Joe Pass last week and I literally had to leave the case open for a week before I could put the guitar in it. I can't describe the smell other than to say it reminded me of the one time I smelled embalming fluid. The day it arrived, it literally stunk up the whole house - gave both my wife and myself the headache from he**.[/quote']

I wonder if these cases come from different sources because I bought an Epi case for my JP about last November here in Sweden from Musikborsen and it just smelt new......nothing strange.....wonder if they all come from the same source or different suppliers....???

Archived