Gibson Brands Forums

Slash Signature

woodshed

Hi guys; I lurk I, don't post, so don't flame me, bro! Any Slash Signature Gold Top users here? I'm curious about this gtr. I've seen several for sale & I have questions. Looking at Epi's site where they remove the front pickup to show the long neck tenon, it looks to be a veener on this gtr, not a true maple top. It's not a Tone Pros bridge. like Slash's gtr. Also, where does the mahogany come from that is used for this model? Are the frets the same as any other Epi LP Standard or Custom or are they a little bigger? I do like the fact that the Slash Sig Epi has a 12" radius. I want that but other questions have me balking. Any input appreciated.

I dunno about his Goldtops, but Gibson's got that "Appetite For Destruction" Les Paul now that I rather like. 4 grands a little out of the park for me, but it's still a nice guitar...KILLER flame on the top.

I dunno about his Goldtops' date=' but Gibson's got that "Appetite For Destruction" Les Paul now that I rather like.[/quote']

The A.f.D. LP is a REALLY pretty guitar.

As for the original questions: Veneers are paper thin, so anything thicker than that would be a "solid top." It may not be as thick as the cap on a Gibson, but it should be there.

The lack of Tonepros hardware keeps the cost down. It would be $200 more if it had Tonepros hardware on it stock.

I don't know the answers to your other questions...

Don't know what I'm looking at? Really? I see the neck pickup removed showing the long neck tenon. I see a mahogany body. I see no evidence of anything other than a piece of veneer on top of the mahogany body. There is a "top" if a veneer strip is considered a top. But there's no top like a Gibson LP Std.

I have one of these. Cap shmap I don't care' date=' the axe looks great, no tone pros bridge, meh, don't miss it.... this epi flat out rawks! [biggrin'] ..............................markerdown

I'd love to see a shot of your four Lesters, Markerdown.

How about it?

Ok, here are my LPs.

Personally, the Gibson is all hype and $$$$. IMHO, for me, the EPI's are just as good, especially when they have the gibby pups, wiring, upgraded pots, switch and jack. Just my .02.

LesPauls.jpg

L to R: 2010 Tribute, LP Traditional Plus, MIK Plus Top, Slash

I dunno about his Goldtops' date=' but Gibson's got that "Appetite For Destruction" Les Paul now that I rather like. 4 grands a little out of the park for me, but it's still a nice guitar...KILLER flame on the top.[/quote']

Hey Matiac, MF has it listed at 2837.00 and it looks really awesome! I bet my dealer will be selling it for 2100 or so

Ok' date=' here are my LPs.

Personally, the Gibson is all hype and $$$$. IMHO, for me, the EPI's are just as good, especially when they have the gibby pups, wiring, upgraded pots, switch and jack. Just my .02.

[img']http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/markerdown/LesPauls.jpg[/img]

Sweet collection MD! I've got one of those 52 Tele HR's too! I love it and I agree, Epiphone makes a wonderful instrument and their LP's are very good examples. I've got two LP Elitist's and two CS Gibsons and I don't find the Epis to be all that far off the mark.

lpsangaurd.jpg?t=1269183291

Hey Matiac' date=' MF has it listed at 2837.00 and it looks really awesome! I bet my dealer will be selling it for 2100 or so

[/quote']

Svet, mind sharing that dealer of yours? I'm looking to pick one up and could DEFINITELY use the extra cash! Thanks!

Ok' date=' here are my LPs.

[img']http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/markerdown/LesPauls.jpg[/img]

Thanks, MD. They look great!

You are spoilt for choice there.

Alan

Archived