Gibson Brands Forums

Ohh Cruel Fate......Firebird Pain.........

Hi have always searched for a through neck Epiphone Firebird and could only find bolt necks.... I stopped working last June but had a little hobby money. Buying an amp on Saturday and looked inside my hobby penny jar and it is now empty. But I have lots of good stuff to do with the gear I have bought recently.

Then in my local town 17 kilometres away this looms out of the murk like a great white shark and bites me in the ***....

An Unsung Korean Firebird serial nr:u07081553 with Seymour Duncan Firebird pups and through neck for us$600

7571104639.jpg

Could do my split Firebird pickup experiment in there..........OH the pain.......... I have to rob a bank......

[biggrin]

Don't you hate when that happens...

I've had to stop looking' date=' just gets me into all sorts of trouble.

Maybe you can work out a trade, like the riv one you posted in the trading post.[/quote']

A few months ago I scoured Sweden for one of these and could not find one. This would mean me selling on the SG as I only want one solid body and I am a mini pup type of guy Dennis Coffey, Johnny Winter......Firebird........MMMMMMMHHHHHH

The guy just mailed back and I go to see it tonight (EDIT: we have know arranged next Tuesday)......he says he can wait a couple weeks for the dough as well and if I sell the SG and my Peavey VK 112 there is well enough money back in the pot to bring this into the 5.......

Jesus my guitar 5 will level out one day, this looks like my dream ticket at the moment

Levin 335 Acoustic Archtop

Epiphone Joe Pass with Mean 90s

Epiphone E-by-G Sheraton with Jon Moore PAF pups on a Jimmy Page harness

Epiphone Firebird with split SD firebirds (the guy says in the mail they are 4 conducter, making me GAS even more)

Epiphone Riviera

AMP.... 1963 Kalamazoo Epiphone Pacemaker I pick up on Saturday.....:-

That means selling the SG, 89 Sherri, Valveking 112

I can do this I know I can.......[cool]

I think it was Confucius who once said:

"It's better to regret something you have done, than to regret something you haven't done."

OK, I'm lying. The Butthole Surfers said that...

But still:

Don't pass this guitar up!

When exactly what one has been wanting appears, it's usually wise to accept it.

If it's the guitar for you Joe, then I hope you get it.

One quick query though.

Are you 100% sure it's a through neck?

I only ask because I haven't seen a through neck Epi Firebird in (literally) decades. The ones in the 1990s were bolt-ons, the more recent ones are set necks. I ran the serial number through the Guitar Dater Thingummy and it is supposedly a 2007 build.

From the front Epis often look like through necks, but it's actually just a carved or moulded relief on top of the guitar's body.

Anyway - I hope it is a through-neck Epi. If so grab it...it's a very rare beast indeed!

If it's the guitar for you Joe' date=' then I hope you get it.

One quick query though.

Are you 100% sure it's a through neck?

I only ask because I haven't seen a through neck Epi Firebird in (literally) decades. The ones in the 1990s were bolt-ons, the more recent ones are set necks. I ran the serial number through the Guitar Dater Thingummy and it is supposedly a 2007 build.

From the front Epis often look like through necks, but it's actually just a carved or moulded relief on top of the guitar's body.

Anyway - I hope it is a through-neck Epi. If so grab it...it's a very rare beast indeed!

[/quote']

Hi L35

That was the first thing I asked the guy

hi!dont know what year but i could give you the serial nr for you too search on the

net.and its a necktrough.

> Subject: Ang. Epiphone firebird,

> To: XXXXXXXX@hotmail.com

> Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:02:55 +0100

> From: XXX@josephcooper.eu

>

>

> Hi what year is the firebird and does it have a through neck or a bolt

> on neck?

>

> Joseph

I see it close up next Tuesday the guy has a lot of gear so he knows the difference and he says "neckthrough".......

In an thread last year I was told Epi did make some with through neck this is the first I have found.

EDIT:

Look what I found on youtube it is probably a set neck like this one. Probably a Swedish English translation thing. I will see for sure next Tuesday. Some mixed terminology here you are right L35, it is probably a set neck.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Deal done she's (EDIT: He Firebird all white, Albino Firebird,......This one is called"JW") mine.............[biggrin][cool] :- [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

Pickup next tuesday........the guy says I will not be disappointed....

Musikron wrote:

I think it was Confucius who once said:

"It's better to regret something you have done, than to regret something you haven't done."

Oh, and if you see your mom this weekend, be sure to tell her for me... SATAN!

Haven't heard that one in a while[blush]

Joseph, You have to tell us about that Pacemaker amp, my turn to covet![blush]

Oh' date=' a new bird in the house.

Sounds promissing [blush

Let us know the result and tell us how she plays.

It will look like something from Star Trek next to other guitars do wish it was a Vintage Sunburst but set necks on Epis with minis are rare in these parts so I had to strike while it was going....Changed my mind I am going to call her "Blanche"

"Misty" Levin 335

"Annie Mae" Emperor II

"E-by-G" Sheraton II

"Blanche" Firebird V

"??????" Riviera

Yes that will do....:-

Oh' date=' and if you see your mom this weekend, be sure to tell her for me... SATAN!

Haven't heard that one in a while[blush']

Ummm...you did read the next line of my post, didn't you?

I clearly revealed my source!

[blush]

By the way: Confucius probably wishes he had said it!

old scratch wrote:

Ummm...you did read the next line of my post, didn't you?

I clearly revealed my source!

Oh yes, I read your post, and smiled. It triggered memories, and I thought I'd complete the line. Also, a thousand pardons to Musikron for attributing the post to him, instead of you old scratch - don't know how that happened, but I bet he enjoys the Surfers as well[cool]

Now Joseph, what about that Pacemaker? BTW, Vintage Guitar mag had a feature on the Pacemaker a couple of months back, written by Dave Hunter, extolling the virtues of that under-appreciated amp.

Hi have always searched for a through neck Epiphone Firebird and could only find bolt necks.... I stopped working last June but had a little hobby money. Buying an amp on Saturday and looked inside my hobby penny jar and it is now empty. But I have lots of good stuff to do with the gear I have bought recently.

Then in my local town 17 kilometres away this looms out of the murk like a great white shark and bites me in the ***....

An Unsung Korean Firebird serial nr:u07081553 with Seymour Duncan Firebird pups and through neck for us$600

7571104639.jpg

Could do my split Firebird pickup experiment in there..........OH the pain.......... I have to rob a bank......

I read your post today and thought to myself' date=' what a cool looking guitar. I never had considered owning a Firebird before but your story was interesting and got the GAS fever starting... #-o

Anyway, I surf on over to the local Craigslist as usual to check out what is being sold/offered/traded and saw this ad....

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/msg/1649644520.html

Sure enough, an Epi Firebird Neck through (according to the seller, he doesn't have a photo of the rear) in a beautiful Tobacco Burst!!!! And all for $500!!!!!! (Maybe your bank idea ain't so bad?!?!?!)

If I were not so happily married, this would be mine...... but unfortunatly, I like being married, so it will remain on my GAS list!

I read your post today and thought to myself' date=' what a cool looking guitar. I never had considered owning a Firebird before but your story was interesting and got the GAS fever starting... [blush']

Anyway, I surf on over to the local Craigslist as usual to check out what is being sold/offered/traded and saw this ad....

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/msg/1649644520.html

Sure enough, an Epi Firebird Neck through (according to the seller, he doesn't have a photo of the rear) in a beautiful Tobacco Burst!!!! And all for $500!!!!!! (Maybe your bank idea ain't so bad?!?!?!)

If I were not so happily married, this would be mine...... but unfortunatly, I like being married, so it will remain on my GAS list!

I would have preferred a vintage sunburst but just so glad to find one here in Sweden with a set neck. Also I am sure if it plays well and sounds the way it should I will grow to love "Blanche" even though she is very pale next to my other three epi's

trio.jpg

the Sheraton on the right is for sale to bring in a Riviera. Maybe that should be "Cherry Red" then I will have a nice spread of colours.

Peter might have put on the right road there.......#-o

Just got to sell a little gear now and balance the books.

It will look like something from Star Trek next to other guitars do wish it was a Vintage Sunburst but through necks on Epis with minis are rare in these parts so I had to strike while it was going....Changed my mind I am going to call her "Blanche"

"Misty" Levin 335

"Annie Mae" Emperor II

"E-by-G" Sheraton II

"Blanche" Firebird V

"??????" Riviera

Yes that will do....#-o

Yuk! how about "Rippin' Riviera. Personally, I think that is so juvenile to give your

guitars names like that. These are just wood and metal and 6 strings..not some

female persona from your mind.

Of course..my big bouted blonde Broadway (poor man's L5)..

I suppose I could name her "anna nicole" after that air head big busted blonde stripper

that married the Texas tycoon.

Yuk! how about "Rippin' Riviera. Personally' date=' I think that is so juvenile to give your

guitars names like that. These are just wood and metal and 6 strings..not some

female persona from your mind.

Of course..my big bouted blonde Broadway (poor man's L5)..

I suppose I could name her "anna nicole" after that air head big busted blonde stripper

that married the Texas tycoon. [/quote']

Your choice Carverman this is all tongue in cheek, at times I think you take things a little too seriously, but that is just my opinion...... this is a fun hobby not life and death.

I will, in tongue in cheek way, call whatever I own, whatever I wish.

Juvenile..............chill and take it easy enjoy your guitars and stop criticising people, honestly the tone in your posts sometimes sounds like there is one way to do things......The Carverman way, chill out.

I suppose better to be juvenile than a "ooh you don't want to be doing it like that" sort of pain in the *** no offence.

If you find my posts offensive just walk on.

Musikron wrote:

All I want to do is ding a dong bong my dang a lang ling long.

And I have been known to name a guitar or two in my day.

BRING ON THE MINISTRY!

And really, If someone wants to name their guitars, by all means do so. Hell, I caught my sister saying "I love you" under her breath to her new stainless steel refrigerator. It's OK to love your inanimate objects - just don't molest them!

Musikron wrote:

BRING ON THE MINISTRY!

And really' date=' If someone wants to name their guitars, by all means do so. Hell, I caught my sister saying "I love you" under her breath to her new stainless steel refrigerator. It's OK to love your inanimate objects - just don't molest them![/quote']

Again Teegar tongue in cheek I can not promise that they are safe in my company...#-o #-o [biggrin] ....my anthromorphorsising may lead to strange ideas like dressing them up in underwear and putting a glass of wine beside them......for ****s sake....[biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

Edit: Fancy going up to BB King and saying excuse me I think it is ridiculous you calling your guitar "Lucille".......[biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

Peter where are you........

7571104639.jpg

Sweet guitar there' date=' looks like mine!

[img']http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x263/svetkt88/Guitars/Picture691.jpg?t=1268944796[/img]

Picture687.jpg?t=1268944823

Picture688.jpg?t=1268944845

Sweet guitar there' date=' looks like mine!

[img']http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x263/svetkt88/Guitars/Picture691.jpg?t=1268944796[/img]

Picture687.jpg?t=1268944823

Picture688.jpg?t=1268944845

that was cruel.....[biggrin]

You had the choice Svet (I was just so glad to find this on my budget, but would have preferred a VS) why did you go for the white..........?

Great Firebird there when did you buy it I have heard the minis criticised compared to the older models what do you say Svet.

Archived