Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Special SC HAS ARRIVED

brianh

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bump - new pics in post #1...

Hey Brian. I am expecting mine tomorrow. I gotta tell you though... I wish this guitar wasn't as "bright" as your photos appear to be. I'm anxious to see what mine looks like in person. I hope it's the actual TV Yellow that I have been waiting for!

OK' date=' a TV Yellow showed up today. I saw it on the porch through the side light, but was on the phone with HQ. By the time I broke free, another huge box had arrived - the TKL case I ordered from Amazon. I've had it plugged in for all of 30 minutes and absolutely, no issues. Action is low, intonation is close (although I will go over it more carefully later), and the finish and sound are quite good. I won't say exceptional, because disappointingly, [b']it is not a yellow wash, it is solid, absolutely no grain visible at all anywhere on the guitar.[/b] But it still looks nice.

This is the only photo that looks close to the actual color:

Special009body.jpg

These are too blue, something about my camera settings today:

Special004back.jpg

Special005headstock.jpg

Special002whole.jpg

Special019headfront.jpg

Im quite jelouse!!!!

well i do believe that our padnah Matt1039 resides right here in the U.S. form a lil town called Hotlanta, I was suggesting that is it one of those limited runs epiphone does for smaller retailers like the 1959 Epi Dot that no one got to see there some association that several small music merchants belong to that epi makes them things to there specs, it might be called american music merchants or somthin like that u dunno

ding ding ding... round two!

A single cut. Check it out.

I took that photo right after I got it, so the stickers are still on it.

stickers still on it means new right? go look back at his picture, im telling you , epi makes models that dont get in there catalogs, or website, or even to the main stream super seller stores, Musicians friend has some specialy made for them some times too I found it!!!!!!!!

the association is called the AIMM they have a deal with epi and get custom models made to go out to their stores

heres a thread that has that dot I was talking about scroll down and you will see it, I am willing to bet that this is the deal with this guitar............almost

heres the thread

http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=12842

Here's mine that came today, too. Sorry for the horrible camera phone pic. Hope to get some better ones this weekend!

Like brianh I had some buzz on the high E - had to adjust the bridge as the action was way too low on the treble side.

Overall, very impressed with the workmanship and this thing is light!

It sounds great through my Micro Cube, but I got home too late to try it through my Boogie...

Here's mine that came today' date=' too. Sorry for the horrible camera phone pic. Hope to get some better ones this weekend!

Like brianh I had some buzz on the high E - had to adjust the bridge as the action was way too low on the treble side.

Overall, very impressed with the workmanship and this thing is light!

It sounds great through my Micro Cube, but I got home too late to try it through my Boogie...

[/quote']

Looks very nice. I should be geting mine today...

To all of you who have recently ordered or are going to order, Musicians Friend has a coupon code, use or tell them, "BREAK" through this Sunday for 15% off. Brings it to $322. If you ordered or received one in the last 45 days they should credit you. Other companies match that deal too.

Good deal, since most times it's free freight and no tax.

Clean 'em out!

ding ding ding... round two!

stickers still on it means new right? go look back at his picture' date=' im telling you , epi makes models that dont get in there catalogs, or website, or even to the main stream super seller stores, Musicians friend has some specialy made for them some times too I found it!!!!!!!!

the association is called the AIMM they have a deal with epi and get custom models made to go out to their stores

heres a thread that has that dot I was talking about scroll down and you will see it, I am willing to bet that this is the deal with this guitar............almost

heres the thread

http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=12842[/quote']

I got it brand new from a locally owned music shop, Ken Stanton Music. There are five shops in the area. The salesman said that it was only being sold by independently owned stores and that it would not be available at Guitar Center or Sam Ash. Now they are available on musicians friend, but only in the two colors. Epiphone may be only releasing other colors to the independent guys.

Well, UPS showed up today with two boxes..... one was the Epi case I ordered. The other box was some other goofy case that I did not order.... No TV Yellow LP Special. Musicians Friend screwed up and will be sending the guitar out today. Fun stuff. I usually have a great experience with MF but not this time.

Well' date=' UPS showed up today with two boxes..... one was the Epi case I ordered. The other box was some other goofy case that I did not order.... No TV Yellow LP Special. Musicians Friend screwed up and will be sending the guitar out today. Fun stuff. I usually have a grat experience with MF but not this time.[/quote']

Make sure you get your 15% by using the BREAK code!

To all of you who have recently ordered or are going to order' date=' Musicians Friend has a coupon code, use or tell them, "BREAK" through this Sunday for 15% off. Brings it to $322. If you ordered or received one in the last 45 days they should credit you. Other companies match that deal too.

Good deal, since most times it's free freight and no tax.

Clean 'em out![/quote']

Thanks, Zork. I wrote to their customer service and they credited the difference back for me.

Sadly, I live in Kansas City, so I have to pay tax on stuff from Musician's Friend. But the upside is that it comes fast!

The other box was some other goofy case that I did not order.... No TV Yellow LP Special.

Saljam - sorry about your guit. Hopefully they'll turn it around quickly.

prolife - Bananaman!

Well' date=' UPS showed up today with two boxes..... one was the Epi case I ordered. The other box was some other goofy case that I did not order.... No TV Yellow LP Special. Musicians Friend screwed up and will be sending the guitar out today. Fun stuff. I usually have a great experience with MF but not this time.[/quote']

Son of a BEACH!

I once ordered a gold Bigsby from MF and got a little plastic stand adapter. Still got charged for the Bigs.

Called customer disservice and got the royal runaround. Finally got it starightened out, but lost a lot of confidence in their shipping dept. after that.

So sorry you haven't got your TVYLPJRSC yet....

Archived