Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Junior

SketchyEtchy

oh thats what you have brian' date=' i thought it was a Junior?

got bad news, wont be able to play guitar for 2weeks, poured a kettle on my hand and have really bad burns :( so playing this junior will have to wait :-({|= on the + cant do any college work have to have a scribe to do it for me [crying

I have a couple of standard Epi Juniors too. We've been discussing whether a Special is technically in the Junior family. I think it is, but even Gibson seems to be confused about it. To me a Special is just a Junior with an extra pickup and a TOM.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yea it comes with that' date=' but i wanna make mine look "floyd" billie joes guitar. Just love it, last year saw them live and was like a meter away from him and his lp jr, also i want the tv yellow but it will have to be the gibson if i get enough, because epi makes banana yellow lol[/quote']

you just earned a heap of respect in my book.

i built my junior after his. although, i did get the speed knobs instead of the bells, and i got them in amber rather than gold.

16958253149672577502047.jpg

i named him Wilhelm Fink. he's the most badass guitar i've ever owned/played.

feel free to ask questions if you want to know how i did anything... OR give me pointers on how i should make it better!!!

you just earned a heap of respect in my book.

i built my junior after his. although' date=' i did get the speed knobs instead of the bells, and i got them in amber rather than gold.

16958253149672577502047.jpg

i named him Wilhelm Fink. he's the most badass guitar i've ever owned/played.

feel free to ask questions if you want to know how i did anything... OR give me pointers on how i should make it better!!!

finally found someone who likes billie joe, do you want any bells, ile have 2 spare after 2morrow in amber, and ive asked twang if he could do me a brown tortoise pg, if not ive found somewhere on the internet.

SHE HAS ARRIVED. Just cleaning her up' date=' put my gold bell knobs on and they look awesome! Just need to restring her. Few Dents but ohwell[/quote']

Stop what you're doing now! Grab your camera, take some quick shots, preferrably by daylight, post them in here, then log-off and play your guitar on through the night![blink]

Happy new guitar day man! Congrats!!!

Stop what you're doing now! Grab your camera' date=' take some quick shots, preferrably by daylight, post them in here, then log-off and play your guitar on through the night![biggrin']

Happy new guitar day man! Congrats!!!

+1

Seriously! Didn't anyone explain the rules of HNGDs? Pics FIRST, jam later!

Post the pics!

Sheila

happy new guitar day. my hngd is tomorrow... the guitar in my avatar pic. got a buddy to buy it saturday while i've been out of town, but haven't touched it yet. i'm flying home today and then he's bringing the guitar to me tomorrow. i may pee my pants.

i celebrated my last hngd with my junior by christening it with expensive whiskey. lol

• 4 months later...

haven't been on here for a while, but was hoping to see some new updates of people's juniors and such.

nothing new has happened with mine, but it's gotten some play time this summer due to my band being on hiatus (i'm the drummer, not much guitar time for me) and also it's first onstage appearance at our last show.

my new LP special DC from warmouth (GOGO13 guitar) had it's neck cracked when a friend accidentally dropped it, but it was cracked already so i'm not too pissed about it. plus with the pup's being as crappy as they are, i wasn't playing it anyway.

school's started and i don't have a job anymore, so that project will be on hold for a while. been working on aging my squier strat tho and it's lookin ok... need more dirty hands groping it to age it, but that'll happen for sure if i keep letting friends play it.

so anyway, i hope to see some more juniors posted asap

here's mine (again) with the color and contrast edited for optimal viewing quality

94608537.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

oh oh oh! i remembered something. my jackplate came off one day while i was playing!

three of the four screws had stripped out so i was just kinda hangin on there.... so (maybe you all know this trick, maybe you don't) i took it off, filled the screw holes with toothpaste (white), and then pushed the screws back in, wiped off the excess toothpaste, and let it dry for a week. now it's on there quite firmly. i hope and pray that i'll never have to remove it, cause it's pretty solid.

hope that if you experience this, you can use this knowledge to help fix it!

Archived