Gibson Brands Forums

Dot! Dot! Dot! Wish I had got!

olds_cool63

Well, the Mrs. and I headed over to Guitar Center last week to pick up a Yamaha keyboard. REALLY nice!

Well, while she was playing it in the store, I went over to check out the Dot. Man, I LOVE that guitar. Sounded and played good. I just bought an SG-310 about a month ago from them and I'm thinking why didn't I get the Dot? So, I'm thinking the Dot would make a great additional practice guitar.

So, what do you current/previous owner's think of the Dot? These days I'm doing more funk than hard rock, so tell me what you think...good or bad?

Thanks for any info!

Great guitar for the money' date=' needs neck binding though.[/quote']

I saw one today on the Swedish Blocket Red cherry for £50.....................I was almost tempted to buy just to give it some love and get fine and give to friend as a great guitar........the guy is selling a 12 string Washburn for the same price.........

.........:- :-({|=[biggrin] [biggrin]

I saw one today on the Swedish Blocket Red cherry for £50.....................I was almost tempted to buy just to give it some love and get fine and give to friend as a great guitar........the guy is selling a 12 string Washburn for the same price.........

.........:- :-({|=[biggrin] [biggrin]

Why dont you get it me for Christmas?

Thanx for all the replies.

Just so happens my Fender micro-amp (that I've had almost 20 years) died yesterday. So, I guess I'll head over to Guitar Center and pick up a new practice amp.

I'll play the Dot some more while I'm there....through whichever amp I get. I really like the "worn" version...just looks groovy!

TGILH (Thank God For Lunch Hour)!

Archived