Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
terraplanetommy

Pickup height on Firebird VII

Hi all,

My first post here. Last year I got a vintage sunburst Epi Firebird VII. The neck feels so comfortable and I just love the vibe of the guitar.

Wondering what folks here suggest as the best height for setting the three pickups.

Also wondering if anyone has had experience with the Gibson firebird tone pot kit sold by RS Guitarworks and how much of an improvement it makes to the guitar sound.

I understand they are not metric pots though and will not match my Korean made firebird without some modification.

Hi all' date='

My first post here. Last year I got a vintage sunburst Epi Firebird VII. The neck feels so comfortable and I just love the vibe of the guitar.

Wondering what folks here suggest as the best height for setting the three pickups.

Also wondering if anyone has had experience with the Gibson firebird tone pot kit sold by RS Guitarworks and how much of an improvement it makes to the guitar sound.

I understand they are not metric pots though and will not match my Korean made firebird without some modification.[/quote']

I guess the reason there are not a lot of responders on this thread is....set your guitar and amp up and get yourself a phillips screwdriver and move them up and down until you it a spot you like....

+1, there is no "right" height for pups.

String gauge and type, amp settings, playing style, all effect where your pups should be. It's part of the setup, and no 2 are alike.

As the owner of a lovely Epiphone Firebird VII, I will offrer this one tip:

If the pickups are touching the strings, they are too high!

Jim