Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rewddawg1

SG-3 Army

I was wondering how many of you SG players own an SG-3? Would possibly like to start an SG-3 Army if enough want to post a pic?

Rewd

I nearly got one when they were £399 over here. Pics!

yea I dont know what im going to go with yet, I actually like them i think they are gibbys Neck Pickups: 490R Alnico magnet humbucker (Sames as the LP Supreme) Middle Pickups: 490R Alnico magnet humbucker Bridge Pickups: 490T Alnico magnet humbucker...i like em so it may be a while before i change em

yea I dont know what im going to go with yet' date=' I actually like them i think they are gibbys Neck Pickups: 490R Alnico magnet humbucker (Sames as the LP Supreme) Middle Pickups: 490R Alnico magnet humbucker Bridge Pickups: 490T Alnico magnet humbucker...i like em so it may be a while before i change em[/quote']

I think they would rock keeping them stock, more of a 70's type tone like Jimmy Page I think.

Mr. MaximusPrime...I bought it specificly to mod. Since I'm the opinion singles don't have a place on SGs, I never fired her up.

ricochet-albums-rich-gearpix-picture4265-gibson-sg-very-special.jpg

ricochet-albums-rich-gearpix-picture5057-img-0495.jpg

ohhh me likey! thats some nice moddn there my friend, I havnt yet takn my pickguard off, can u tell me is it all hollow under there or is each pickup cut out? If i buy the other one i think im gonna do what u did except Im gonna go with some mini humbuckers

ohhh me likey! thats some nice moddn there my friend' date=' I havnt yet takn my pickguard off, can u tell me is it all hollow under there or is each pickup cut out? If i buy the other one i think im gonna do what u did except Im gonna go with some mini humbuckers[/quote']

3 seperate but generous routs. Go for it. I used 2 Seymour Duncan P90s, a Bigsby B7, and new electronics(replaced the rotary with a regular 3 way toggle, and installed a Fender TBX tonecontrol, and had a pickguard made at Terrapin.

Mr. MaximusPrime...I bought it specificly to mod. Since I'm the opinion singles don't have a place on SGs' date=' I never fired her up.

[img']http://www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/members/ricochet-albums-rich-gearpix-picture4265-gibson-sg-very-special.jpg[/img]

ricochet-albums-rich-gearpix-picture5057-img-0495.jpg

I absolutly love the design of this SG, looks like my LP Jr (when my custom PG from TWANG arrives :D), Think I might have to buy a cheap G310 and mod it like this.

You know I find this odd. I belong to 3 different guitar forums and have only come across four SG-3 guitar owners with humbuckers in them. Surely they are not that rare are they?

You know I find this odd. I belong to 3 different guitar forums and have only come across four SG-3 guitar owners with humbuckers in them. Surely they are not that rare are they?

Aren't they all part of the GOTW series? I know there were only 400 made of my 3SC model.

Also, they weren't very popular over here in Europe, with musicshops blowing them out for Epi-prices.

Aren't they all part of the GOTW series? I know there were only 400 made of my 3SC model.

Also' date=' they weren't very popular over here in Europe, with musicshops blowing them out for Epi-prices.[/quote']

I'm not sure. I have talked to Gibson and they couldn't tell me how many of my model SG were made. I don't think my SG was a GOTW though. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

umm whats the GOTW stand for?????

and when I contacted Gibby' date=' they told me mine was 1 of 400 made as well, I sometimes see one or two up on the bay, but maybe if I hold on to it some day it will fetch a pretty penny[/quote']

GOTW = Guitar of the Week = Limited to 400

Hmm, not sure about a pretty penny.