Gibson Brands Forums

Pics EJ200 and 63 J-45

modfather

Nice, Modfather. It's interesting to see that '63 J45; you don't see too many in sunburst. The black and red finishes seem to be more common, but on the whole, the model was very short-lived. How does the J45 pay, and how different does she sound from the EJ 200?

Red 333

Hi Red

The J-45 is a dream tp play had the action lowered slightly and sounds fantastic. The J 200 is only a month old and sounds great boomy bass sounds but is still a bit rough on my hands. I find the neck is a lot chunkier than the J-45.

Still afterr the Inspired by Texan next.

And Brian will dig the decent camera out later today

Really nice collection !!!!!!!

Love the 200 & 45..........

The EJ-200 neck IS a handful is it not? Glad i'm used to ballbat necks.

Here's my 200........I had to use naptha to get several "Deadhead" stickers off it when my wife bought it for me, and since it only had about 15% of the design still on the pickguard, I naptha'd it off too.

You gotta get some good color pics posted, I LOVE V.S. finishes.

GarysCam121.jpg

GarysCam119.jpg

Excellent pics modfather! [biggrin]

I notice with both of them you have a soundhole pickup. What kind is it and how is it working for you? I'm planning to buy an EJ200 then using a pickup.

I also noticed you removed the fretboard inlays on the EJ200...is that what you meant with the "deadhead" stickers?

Hi Mate

It was bender for life who removed stickers mate

The EJ 200 Artist which mine is just has Dot markers I had the Bridge and Scratch plate replaced with what is on now.

I am not sure of the make of the pick Up I had a Pro do itand it cost £90, It has a pre amp fitted inside the hole near the neck. I am well pleased with the sound out of them both. Done acouple of solo acoustic gigs and well happy . The J-45 is my main guitar though.

And Wiggy I am busy savin up for a IB 1964 Texan next for the collection with Shadow Nano system in it Ohh the guitars I can nbow get I have stopped the cigarettes

Archived