Gibson Brands Forums

I Found My Black Beauty

deflepfan

A Black Beauty has been on my wish list longer than any other guitar! Unfortunately, it's going to be about $5g.:D But, I thought I'd share this with you all, as it is just perfect!!

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/50th-Anniversary-1960-Les-Paul-Custom-Black-Beauty/Features.aspx

61c3b8b88bee4c8a8cc1f89.jpg

Sheila

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/50th-Anniversary-1960-Les-Paul-Custom-Black-Beauty/Details.aspx

Wouldn't it be handy if there was a page such as the above for every model of Epi?!

I would be very happy with this one! Chrome!! And only $599!

epicustomchrome.jpg

But, did you read the specs on that Gibby puppy!! 7-ply binding on body top, 5-ply on body bottom, Burstbucker 1 and 2, etc, etc. And it's a 2 pup BB, not a 3 pup! (Sigh) I just want to touch it!

Sheila

A former guitar teacher of mine used to have a 1968 Gibson Les Paul Custom. He'd bought it new back then, when Gibson first reissued that model. When he was teaching me 10 years or so ago I used to stare at it...he'd really looked after it. Heavily played, but still in excellent condition.

I wonder if he still has it? Must be worth a fortune...

If yer goin for the Epi, get a Korean made. After what I saw at techies shop, I wouldn't touch a Chinese Custom, 'course I guess there aint no guarantee on the Korean one either. Gotta watch them painted guitars, the wood could be anything.

Recently, I played a 1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom just like that.

Played very very wel indeed, very well looked after too.

To be honest, the price alone would lead me to an Epi any day, but I still prefer it in Alpine White or this:

DSCN1868.JPG

or this

74b5c9bf-87a1-435f-9a69-e72a4cc88bf8.jpg

But the Natural Maple is hard to find (used to be available at Musicstore in Koln, Germany) and the other one, well, I can't afford it at the moment because I'm out of a job and not willing so sell any of my existing guitars.

Something about those new silver bursts is wrong. On the Gibby too. I would like to think it's just the green/gold hue a nice aged one takes on isn't present on the new ones,that way at least the Gibson version would age correctly and become awesome. Unfortunately I'm afraid they just aren't as metallic as the originals, and will never look the same.

Something about those new silver bursts is wrong. On the Gibby too. I would like to think it's just the green/gold hue a nice aged one takes on isn't present on the new ones' date='that way at least the Gibson version would age correctly and become awesome. Unfortunately I'm afraid they just aren't as metallic as the originals, and will never look the same.[/quote']

I'm sure no Epi can age like a Gibson, but I do prefer that burst paint layout over the teardrop.

But I still want that BB!!

Sheila

Archived