Gibson Brands Forums

What state (or nation) do you live in?

NeoConMan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in a sub-burb of Maryland, about halfway between Baltimore and Annapolis. Lived in this area most of my life.

Interestingly enough Neo, I almost re-located to AZ two years ago when my then-employer closed their offices in DC and moved everything to Tempe.

Charlotte NC

Ton of guitar players and a ton of money here and no mom and pop guitar shop can stay in business but fear not GC and sam ash are packed on the weekends.

I have to drive to concord for some nice vintage action at Mullis Music or to Greensboro for real old school mom and pop at Don's Music. Asheville is decent too with a couple hole in the wall shops. I just wish someone could get a foothold here in Charlotte and show up the big boxes.

Well, my avatar is not coy about where I live. However, my end of Florida (the northern end) is a whole different beast from the southern end. We haven't quite paved everything yet. We have trees and farms and even a few hills. My town is basically a small tourist destination with nice beaches and about 600 years of history (being the oldest continually-occupied settlement in the US). There aren't any decent guitar shops though!

I'm from a small suburb town called Norsholm. It's basically just ten minutes away from Norrköping, Sweden's fourth biggest city. We've got two guitar shops, one which imports mainly Fender and Martin, and one that is part of a big company (like GC) which sells pretty much everything (a.k.a. Gibsons and others)

Just over an hour north of Pittsburgh, PA. Far enough from the populous center that we have local music stores, a small handful of old guys who know what they're doing/selling...and no GC within less than an hour's drive.

Sadly, I had just moved to the area when I bought my Les Paul, so I drove and bought it at a GC. I love her, but...

Might as well add my .03; Born and raised in Chicago moved to the Phoenix area (Surprise) 2 years ago.

Can't beat the weather even though the Cubs lost last night.

Nothing better than golfing year round. Last week we paid $9.00 for a round of golf. =;

North of Nashville, TN, between Portland and Westmoreland. Yeah, like THAT cleared anything up heheheh... =;

Born in Centerville, TN, and have lived in the Nashville area almost my entire life.

Otton, come to Nashville. Most folks who visit come back to stay. Huge recording industry here, so you won't have any trouble finding work in your field. Besides, Nashville is the birthplace of GIBSON LES PAULS!!

Well' date=' my avatar is not coy about where I live. However, my end of Florida (the northern end) is a whole different beast from the southern end. We haven't quite paved everything yet. We have trees and farms and even a few hills. My town is basically a small tourist destination with nice beaches and about 600 years of history (being the oldest continually-occupied settlement in the US). There aren't any decent guitar shops though! [/quote']

Hey surfpup my now wife and I were there about 3 years ago for a long weekend before we headed to Orlando. Nice town and nice beaches. Good surveilance too, we were having "sexy time" at the beach at night when a helicopter spotted us and decided to check on us...they did not get too close but talk about timing....

Hey surfpup my now wife and I were there about 3 years ago for a long weekend before we headed to Orlando. Nice town and nice beaches. Good surveilance too' date=' we were having "sexy time" at the beach at night when a helicopter spotted us and decided to check on us...they did not get too close but talk about timing....[/quote']

nice. love that quote. I'm here in South Florida 30 min. north of MIA. lived here my whole life. (not that that says much)

I was born in Long Island, NY (the Hamptons!) and my family and I lived there for about 6 years. Then, we moved to a suburb in Maryland, and we've been living there since (about 7 years).

It was kinda weird at first, because in the Hamptons we used to live like 15 minutes (biking distance) from the beach and we knew alot of millionaires and even some famous people, but in Maryland we live like 4 hours from the beach (at about 60 mph on the highway).

Eh, at least in Maryland the people aren't as snobby.

I almost re-located to AZ two years ago when my then-employer closed their offices in DC and moved everything to Tempe.

Come on!!!

First round of frosty adult beverages is on me.

It's a little hot right now, with a little bit of humidity added, but it'll dry out in a few weeks and be easier to take.

Drink lotsa water, and stay out of the sun, you'll be just fine!

The other nine months of the year are so damned nice here. No hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, mudslides...

Wow a couple of you guys live close to me. Toronto Ontario. I'm in a "non s***" part of North York lol.

I didnt mean anything when dissing Toronto.

I was born and raised there, so I feel I can give an honest opinion.

The Toronto I knew and loved has gone.

The violence, the crumbling infrastructure, overcrowding etc. Not too mention is becoming far too multi-cultural

for my taste. People from violent contries are bringing and have brought their violent ways with them.

Nope...not for me.

Archived