Gibson Brands Forums

What state (or nation) do you live in?

NeoConMan

I'm always amazed when I go out west how the sweat just disappears! Down here you wear it all day. Out there is just evaporates. I remember hopping out of a pool in Phoenix and not even needing a towel. Poof... you're dry. And' date=' yes, I find I drink more water out there - the dry heat dehydrates me more, even though I find it more comfortable.

On a related (GIBSON) note... do you westerners humidify your guitars? [/quote']

Yep it's a dry heat most of the time but then again so is Napalm. 107 today and humid Monsoon time. I know what you mean though Ive been in places where I got out of the shower and felt like I needed another shower. that said AZ is nice the winter are amazing and everything is air conditioned so it's not to bad.

Never lived in Florida but have a sister in Naples and last year I was driving over that way from Miami and two things stood out how everything was green either green or moldy I guess and then the bugs. I knew I was in Bug heaven when you see the huge screens over all the pools and thats the only driving trip Ive been on where I had to stop about every hour to scrapes dead bugs and juice off the windshield.

And the Guitar comment Yes when it's in the really low humidity times I do have a large humidifier in the music room and I case and humidify all the acoustic and hollow bodies pretty much year round. if I don't run the humidifier the guitars will get down towards the 40% mark in the room.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if you sit at the top of the ampitheater you can see all of the summer thunder storms on the plains

Those thunderstorms are on the plains where I grew up.

Western Kansas, 40 miles from the Colorado line.

I didnt mean anything when dissing Toronto.

I was born and raised there' date=' so I feel I can give an honest opinion.

The Toronto I knew and loved has gone.

The violence, the crumbling infrastructure, overcrowding etc. Not too mention is becoming far too multi-cultural

for my taste. People from violent countries are bringing and have brought their violent ways with them.

Nope...not for me.[/quote']

Amazing, last time I was in Toronto was in 1976 for a Who concert, and was astonished that you could not even find a cigarette butt on the ground. Times sure are changing. Too bad.

Chicago' date=' Illinois. Go Cubs!!

I visited the Mesa / Phoenix area this last spring (Cubs Spring Training).

I'm more than a little pissed at myself for not checking out Bizarre Guitar or even GC while I was there.

That's NOT like me. (Dummy!!!)

Beautiful area BTW. Alice Cooper's restaurant was pretty cool too.[/quote']

Harry Carey has a restaurant here as well. Keeps the Cubby fans happy.

Hopefully not as a result of Katrina.

Fortunately not, though we did come up here during Katrina, when we couldn't get back into NOLA. We actually were fortunate enough not to sustain any damage, but with and without the results of Katrina, Orleans is currently on the decline, and it was time for a change

I'm just outside of Austin, Texas, in Round Rock (home of Dell computer.) Lived in the Austin area for 29 years now.

For you guys in Wisconsin, what parts? I have a lot of family near Eau Claire. I'm going up to the North Woods next week for some vacation (Hayward/Cable).

-Brad

Yeah' date=' but its dead in that joint!!

2 hits on the snare followed by 1 to the cymbal.

Try the veal, I'll be here til Thursday.[/quote']

you know else makes cubs fans happy

alex gonzales making routine plays

=p

The Wirral peninsular in good old Blighty! The Wirral is across the River Mersey from Liverpool, I live 15 minutes from the city centre. Its the best place in the world to live, Im 40 minutes away from the mountains of North Wales, a 3 hour drive away from London and a 5 hour drive away from Paris.

I'm a proud Southern Albertan, spent 4 years in the far north, Yellowknife N.W.T. '88 - '92 (too freak'n cold!!!) and now I reside in the East Kootenay's of sunny BC on a 7 1/2 acre orchard, ya gotta love it!!!

Born in Scotland, family moved to the US when I was 13. Been living in New York State all that time.

Would love to retire to AZ, but don't think I could convince SheWhoMustBeObeyed to leave the rest of her family. ](*,)

Hell' date=' it sounds like you may be in my neck of the woods... "hour north of Pittsburg", No GC this side of Ohio...

I'm in Wheatland. Just moved here myself, and still trying to find some jammers. How about yourself?[/quote']

Grove City; about forty minutes east of you.

Been here about six years now... long enough to get married and have two little girls younger than my guitar. Needless to say, there's not as much jamming here as I would like...but they're worth it.

Born in Guayaquil-Ecuador... have lived mostly here' date=' but have been around the world a few times for periods from 6 months to 2 years... And am thinking of moving to colder climate soon...[/quote']

I've heard two things about Guayaquil, gorgeous girls and massive cockroaches.

I rode the Stena ferry to Dublin from Wales back in 2000. Left out of Holyoke' date=' I believe...[/quote']

Do you mean Holyhead if so its about 4 hours drive from where i am, i think i might have been there many years ago with my parents.

Archived