Gibson Brands Forums

How can I get a customized gibson?

Naradien

Hey guys, I have a question.. How can I get a customized gibson guitar. For example, where could I get a transparent black les paul , with two emg 81's and stuff. I'm pretty sure the custom shop, is for reissues, and inspired by and stuff. So do you know if Gibson can create a guitar you want? Thanks in advance

Hey guys' date=' I have a question.. How can I get a customized gibson guitar?[/quote']

One Million Dollars!!!!!!

Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

Seriously though, as far as I know the Custom Shop no longer does one-offs. The minimum order is 25 instruments. The admin in the Custom Shop section of the forum mentioned a while back that they might start doing it again, but nothing firm.

The minimum order is 50 instruments.

Which pretty much makes you a dealer....

What the hell, I'm already selling guns!

My tax license reads Firearms, Sporting Goods & Musical Instruments.

Let's do a little math....

50 guitars, at $5,000 apiece wholesale, that's a quarter million...

Hmmm.....

Maybe next month. :-(

Several years ago, I looked into getting a new LP built after seeing a"Build your own" function on their site.

Called Gibson, found out it would list for at least $6k - before I chose any options.

i can see it now

guys check out this custom made les paul' date=' its soo awesome and it was designed just for me[/quote']

(in awe)

wow that looks awesome' date=' how did you get the CS to do that[/quote']

:-$

i did things back there im not proud of

[-X

thats messed up

lol

Hey guys' date=' I have a question.. How can I get a customized gibson guitar. For example, where could I get a transparent black les paul , with two emg 81's and stuff. I'm pretty sure the custom shop, is for reissues, and inspired by and stuff. So do you know if Gibson can create a guitar you want? Thanks in advance[/quote']

H*ll, why don't you save yourself $5,000, order this guitar and swap the neck pup for another EMG 81?

It's close enough...

Which pretty much makes you a dealer....

What the hell' date=' I'm already selling guns!

My tax license reads Firearms, Sporting Goods & Musical Instruments.

Let's do a little math....

50 guitars, at $5,000 apiece wholesale, that's a quarter million...

Hmmm.....

Maybe next month. :-(

Several years ago, I looked into getting a new LP built after seeing a"Build your own" function on their site.

Called Gibson, found out it would list for at least $6k - before I chose any options.[/quote']

where was that "build your own" function?

H*ll' date=' why don't you save yourself $5,000, order this guitar and swap the neck pup for another EMG 81?

It's close enough...

Definitely. Also, you should see if you can just pick up a Transparent Black standard, and then have your local guitar tech swap in two EMGs for the Burstbuckers. Heck, you might even be able to sell those BBs and pick up some scratch to help fund the EMG purchase.

Eitherway, it's sure to be cheaper than a one-off custom.

Good luck either way. Buying new guitars is awesome.

Definitely. Also' date=' you should see if you can just pick up a Transparent Black standard, and then have your local guitar tech swap in two EMGs for the Burstbuckers. Heck, you might even be able to sell those BBs and pick up some scratch to help fund the EMG purchase.

Eitherway, it's sure to be cheaper than a one-off custom.

Good luck either way. Buying new guitars is awesome.[/quote']

If you must have EMGs, that's the best advice right there. You will have no problem selling the BurstBuckers on fleaBay.

I sold the ceramics out of my Classic quickly and they are generally less desirable than the BBs.

Archived