Gibson Brands Forums

Getting some static on my Valve Senior

Saljam

Hi guys... I'm hearing some slight static on my Valve Sr. This thing has not been used much at all and never pushed too hard. I've tried different cables and its still there.. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks

OK, spooky. I was playing a couple of weeks ago and noticed what I thought was static as well. Changed a few settings, no diff. Changed guitar and cable, same thing...hmmmm...Came back next night no problem, and no problem since. As above, pretty much home use, not overused and/or abused, and probably 50 hours max.

OK' date=' spooky. I was playing a couple of weeks ago and noticed what I thought was static as well. Changed a few settings, no diff. Changed guitar and cable, same thing...hmmmm...Came back next night no problem, and no problem since. As above, pretty much home use, not overused and/or abused, and probably 50 hours max.[/quote']Wow. Was this on Valve Senior also?

When I think of static, I think either a tube possibly dying, or a Cap or resisitor charging .

My old Tweed amps and blackface amps do this when I have not played them in a long time.

Leave the amp on for a couple of hours. If the static is is still happening, tap the hot tubes with a chop stick.

That will lead you to a faulty tube.

Hope this helps.

Problem solved.... I dont know what it was but no more static. It was strange man... It was slight but every time I hit the strings it was present. It's back to smooth sailing now. Thanks for the response!

Archived