Gibson Brands Forums

Trade EB-3 for a Thunderbird

matt1039

Hey matt,

I've already declared my positive prejudice towards Thunderbirds... but there was that alarming post re a recent model's shocking early fret wear, so be careful man...

... &, as I've said before in this Forum, if you are unsure... you can always find a quiet place, close your eyes & ask yourself that age old question... "if in my situation, what would 'Jack Bruce' do"?

Any pics?

eggmuffins

but there was that alarming post re a recent model's shocking early fret wear' date=' so be careful man...[/quote']

That was one of the new Thunderbird Pros. That issue hasn't come up to my knowledge in the original Thunderbirds.

I say do it.

I did it. I always wanted a Thunderbird, but I got the EB-3 because it has a few extra features. But I don't really care about those anymore. Tomorrow I'll change the strings and get it cleaned up. Maybe post some pics. The only thing I've found so far is a little chip in the finish. What would be a good fix for that? But I'm still really happy with the decision. The kid I traded with was really happy to get the EB-3. I'm glad he will appreciate it more than me. It was a nice bass and deserves a good home.

The only other problem is now I need a case for it. It does not fit my hard case or gig bag. Any ideas?

Archived