Gibson Brands Forums

What Comes With A NEW Epiphone Guitar.

Epi1

I just received my Epi JB Gold Top today from GC's warehouse. Factory box was unopened. I got all the included extra's and the COA from Joe B. After spending a few minutes looking it over, I found 1 small scuff in the black paint on the backside. Very minor, but definently scuffed before loading into case. Im not gonna return for that. Its a player for sure and is in a spot likely to get scratched by me anyway....so I'll just look at it as a Tone Scuff. [thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got mine from a GC yesterday. Too excited to worry about things that "should" have come with it. I called GC today and was told I could return it and wait for them to order me a new one. Then I called Gibson customer service and spoke with Ken who took my information and would send me what I was supposed to get...that's awesome. [thumbup]

Got mine from a GC yesterday. Too excited to worry about things that "should" have come with it. I called GC today and was told I could return it and wait for them to order me a new one. Then I called Gibson customer service and spoke with Ken who took my information and would send me what I was supposed to get...that's awesome. [thumbup]

Well done!

Compliment to the customer service! [thumbup]

Great to know....I got NOTHING with my new Les Paul Traditional Pro I bought last weekend.... I had to twist the salesman's arm to get a warranty card. Bought at the Guitar Center store in Clearwater, Florida...

Can I get my owner's manual, truss rod wrench and cable...pleeze?

Really?? You've got to be kidding me.

Of all the VALID and IMPORTANT concerns voiced on this forum EVERY DAY regarding the quality of brand new Epiphone guitars, you choose to answer the burning question of, "wheres my sticker and throw away cord?"!

Epi1 I am asking you as one professional to another, please do not insult us again with something like this. It actually has made me mad. I love Epiphone the guitars and the brand, but this is infuriating. You choose to answer a question about free swag thats included in a new guitar (which general consensus is the end consumer never gets the garbage anyways) but choose to blatantly ignore all the inquires to important relevant questions such as these.

http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=13618

http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=15343

There are MANY more valid and serious concerns regarding this company. I find it highly disrespectful and insulting that you ignore our pleas for answers regarding these issues but you have time to come on here and tell us about free STICKERS and POSTERS??????

We don't buy your damned bumper stickers, we buy your GUITARS. Please let us know why Epiphones quality, value, and customer service has been declining lately. Why are you making LP Customs in the obviously inferior factory. How did these poor examples of this guitar even released to the public and why did Epiphone feel they we acceptable? Why are the frets being used sub par and flawed from manufacturing?

I offer my services as a Master Luthier, and Epiphone lover to you Jim. Perhaps you need someone in there to shake things up and demand quality from your staff, from the girl answering the phone in customer service, to the man scraping binding on the other side of the world for $5 a day. You should hold EVERYONE related to Epiphone/Gibson to a higher standard, not allow this company to fade into mediocrity (at best ATM).

Please please please, answer a REAL question or at least get out there and DO something about it. I could care less about some damned sticker or poster. I care about getting a quality guitar at a fair price. Right now Epiphone can't even guarantee me a fully functioning guitar that is playable at ANY price. Do you really think stickers will make your customer base happy? We are GUITARISTS, not twelve year old girls with a sticker collection.

I have been playing and singing the praises of Epiphone guitars for over 20 years, I have owned over 30 Epiphone guitars and now have 6. ^ Epiphone guitars all of which were made in Japan or Korea, all old, and I can't find a new Epiphone worth buying. Thats sad ain't it? I WANT A NEW EPIPHONE, BUT CANNOT FIND AN ACCEPTABLE GUITAR THAT EVEN COMES CLOSE TO MY OLD EPIPHONES. You should be moving forward with the company, making better guitars. But right now we are wittnessing the decline of Gibson/ Epiphone. PLeasae do not be so sure of yourselfs you stop caring about fine guitars and you customers. It seems like the attitude today is.

" We are Gibson/Epiphone, the number one guitar company ever. Just slap something together, put our name on it and it will sell, we are Gibson after all. Who Cares"?

I care Epi1, I care damnit.

Is anybody else wondering why this guy got banned?

Heya Epi 1,

I have 3 of the best Epiphones I've ever played and I was quite irritated when I then had to go out and purchase a hardcase seperately.

Bloody hell, $1500 for my Black Beauty 3 and then $180 for HC, $900 for my G400 LTD and $140 for HC, $799 for my Explorer then $140 for HC. S@#t!!! [cursing][angry]

For guitars of that quality,price and being at the upper end of the range, I would expect the hardcase to be included in the sale.

Forget stickers, crappy cords and posters. A hardcase, Truss rod/allen key wrench and a Certificate of Authenticity is what's required.

C'man man, stick with the necessities.

img1363i.jpg

Sincerely

Paul

Nice Eppys br0! I'm really diggin' the SG Custom with the custom p/u's you installed.

Nice Eppys br0! I'm really diggin' the SG Custom with the custom p/u's you installed.

Hi JDR.

Funny that! #-o :lol: I just fitted Burstbucker Pro's to the G400 and 57 Classics to the Black Beauty 3.

I also fitted Gotoh Tuneomatics to both.

I fitted a beautiful Maestro vibrola and bridge/Tesla Plasma 2 pickup to the Explorer.

The new pups have raised the tonal quality considerably all three. I'm finally happy with the

sound of all three Epi's. [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

cimg1165i.jpg

cimg1168f.jpg

cimg1170z.jpg

I'll be keeping the white HB's for any future guitar mods.

Cheers

Paul

Great to know....I got NOTHING with my new Les Paul Traditional Pro I bought last weekend.... I had to twist the salesman's arm to get a warranty card. Bought at the Guitar Center store in Clearwater, Florida...

Can I get my owner's manual, truss rod wrench and cable...pleeze?

After my call, I had my truss wrench, cable (one end is a right angle), manual, warranty card, poster (looks great in my classroom)and the 2011/2012 catalog within 6 days. That's cool. Call Gibson/Epiphone customer service directly.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to work at L.A. Music in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and one day I was in the basement throwing out old boxes...I found 8 boxes in the back that somebody wrote "Epi Extras" on. 1 box (about 4 feet high by 1-1/2 feet wide) was Full to the Top with Epi stickers. Another was full of posters, another econ cables, there was even a box with a couple dozen gig bags that were meant for guitars...

Yeah, never bought another guitar there again. Quit later and moved to a more reputable guitar store.

-Ryan

Really?? You've got to be kidding me.

Of all the VALID and IMPORTANT concerns voiced on this forum EVERY DAY regarding the quality of brand new Epiphone guitars, you choose to answer the burning question of, "wheres my sticker and throw away cord?"!

Epi1 I am asking you as one professional to another, please do not insult us again with something like this. It actually has made me mad. I love Epiphone the guitars and the brand, but this is infuriating. You choose to answer a question about free swag thats included in a new guitar (which general consensus is the end consumer never gets the garbage anyways) but choose to blatantly ignore all the inquires to important relevant questions such as these.

http://forums.epipho...g=posts&t=13618

http://forums.epipho...g=posts&t=15343

There are MANY more valid and serious concerns regarding this company. I find it highly disrespectful and insulting that you ignore our pleas for answers regarding these issues but you have time to come on here and tell us about free STICKERS and POSTERS??????

We don't buy your damned bumper stickers, we buy your GUITARS. Please let us know why Epiphones quality, value, and customer service has been declining lately. Why are you making LP Customs in the obviously inferior factory. How did these poor examples of this guitar even released to the public and why did Epiphone feel they we acceptable? Why are the frets being used sub par and flawed from manufacturing?

I offer my services as a Master Luthier, and Epiphone lover to you Jim. Perhaps you need someone in there to shake things up and demand quality from your staff, from the girl answering the phone in customer service, to the man scraping binding on the other side of the world for $5 a day. You should hold EVERYONE related to Epiphone/Gibson to a higher standard, not allow this company to fade into mediocrity (at best ATM).

Please please please, answer a REAL question or at least get out there and DO something about it. I could care less about some damned sticker or poster. I care about getting a quality guitar at a fair price. Right now Epiphone can't even guarantee me a fully functioning guitar that is playable at ANY price. Do you really think stickers will make your customer base happy? We are GUITARISTS, not twelve year old girls with a sticker collection.

I have been playing and singing the praises of Epiphone guitars for over 20 years, I have owned over 30 Epiphone guitars and now have 6. ^ Epiphone guitars all of which were made in Japan or Korea, all old, and I can't find a new Epiphone worth buying. Thats sad ain't it? I WANT A NEW EPIPHONE, BUT CANNOT FIND AN ACCEPTABLE GUITAR THAT EVEN COMES CLOSE TO MY OLD EPIPHONES. You should be moving forward with the company, making better guitars. But right now we are wittnessing the decline of Gibson/ Epiphone. PLeasae do not be so sure of yourselfs you stop caring about fine guitars and you customers. It seems like the attitude today is.

" We are Gibson/Epiphone, the number one guitar company ever. Just slap something together, put our name on it and it will sell, we are Gibson after all. Who Cares"?

I care Epi1, I care damnit.

Truth be told: about 2 months ago I bought a SG G-400 from MF. I was shocked when I open the hardshell case and realized that the paint job around the lower horn and the neck was simply forgotten !!! The size of 2 quarters !!! How's that possible ? To add insult to injury the quality checklist showed the paint item as OK !!! I called MF and returned the guitar...I hate to see people making guitars without care or love, just like an appliance...is it too difficult to train people so they understand what they are doing and that money is NOT the main reason to be alive ??? ANd then people complaint that Fender after CBS was not the same...hahaha...I own a Strato 1976 that's is simply amazing !!! As I always say: everything can be worse...

Recently got a Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute, no swag whatsoever! Not even a truss rod wrench. I know that the Studio is near the bottom of the Les Paul line but at this cost, one would think it was worthy of some free goodies. Maybe a strap, a tee shirt or some picks anything. I did get a really nice gig bag that I won't use but that was listed. As far as I'm concerned that was part of the deal. I do wonder if there was some swag and I just didn't get it?

Recently got a Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute, no swag whatsoever! Not even a truss rod wrench. I know that the Studio is near the bottom of the Les Paul line but at this cost, one would think it was worthy of some free goodies. Maybe a strap, a tee shirt or some picks anything. I did get a really nice gig bag that I won't use but that was listed. As far as I'm concerned that was part of the deal. I do wonder if there was some swag and I just didn't get it?

This thread is called "What comes with a new EPIPHONE GUITAR, not your Gibson LP Studio, so....really couldn't tell ya. [bored]

This thread is called "What comes with a new EPIPHONE GUITAR, not your Gibson LP Studio, so....really couldn't tell ya. [bored]

Thank you ever so kindly for your meaningful guidance. I couldn't have possibly known that this was the "What comes with a new EPIPHONE GUITAR" thread without you pointing that out to me.

You are definitely wise beyond your years but you may have missed on the posibility that I posted that in COMPARISON Just saying.....

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you ever so kindly for your meaningful guidance. I couldn't have possibly known that this was the "What comes with a new EPIPHONE GUITAR" thread without you pointing that out to me.

You are definitely wise beyond your years but you may have missed on the t that I posted that in COMPARISON Just saying.....

Oh he mad.^ Lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FWIW... I got everything listed when I purchased Rocksmith w/ the Epi Les Paul Jr. Special (a 99.99 guitar).

When I purchased my Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro from zzounds.com, I received everything but the throw away cable... I'm ok with that honestly. Especially when you consider the Special has stopped working 5 months later.

• 3 weeks later...

How about on an Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Limited Edition LP ?

I saw this pic with only a white paper (certificate of authenticity.)

and I saw this other pic with a yellowish paper (certificate of authenticity.) with a frame on it and a joe bonamassa picture with the goldtop.

Any ideas which one is true and what does other items comes with it? thanks!

• 1 month later...

I am the proud owner of an Epiphone Joe Pass and a Les Paul (honey burst) and neither came with a sticker, adjusting wrench, warranty card, or poster. In fact, the Joe Pass is in a case that 2X its size... the store claimed they didn't have a case for it?? WHAT??!!! They sent you this gorgeous guitar in a plastic bag inside a cardboard box? Me thinks thou doth lie too much.......