Gibson Brands Forums

What Comes With A NEW Epiphone Guitar.

Epi1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just bought my 2nd Epiphone Les Paul, the Tribute Plus cherry burst, and it came with everything but the cable. My 1st guitar, Plain top vintage burst, bought in store last year came with nothing, not even a box to get it home in(in the rain), and they had no Epi cases to buy to put it in. I e-mailed customer service to see if I could get a cable, and they said to give them my address and they would send the extras for both guitars. They got back to me within 2 days, and I sent my info to them. Today (one day later) they sent an e-mail to say all my stuff was going to be sent out. I was very impressed with the timely response and great customer service. I hope it all comes soon(not that I need it, just thought it would be cool to have what should come with my new guitar). Thank You Gibson/Epiphone

Al

All of my stuff for both guitars came on Saturday September 7th Thank You

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New here, hello.

I stole a 50th Anniversary SG.

My husband didn't have enough time to say, "Don't be mad." before I claimed it.

I care not for sticker swag, but can someone please tell me what strings it was shipped with? I know strings are a personal choice, and I'm going to have a lot of people disagree with me over the shipped strings, but for me, they are the best.

I'd love to be able to get replacements.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In Ocober I bought a Dot Studio Worn Natural, and last week I bought an Epi ES355 Ltd Edition. Both from GC; neither came with anything. Zilch. I did check on-line and the 355 was "supposed" to come with the pickguard & hardware, truss rod wrench, and a sticker. Guitar Center was nice enough to call Epi for me to request the pick guard - but I'm not concerned about the other stuff. I really think GC just throws all that stuff out when it comes in the box. Honestly, I had the same experience at mom and pop stores here too.

• 1 month later...

I just purchased a Les Paul 100 at Guitar Center and it came with nothing.

The SG I ordered online from Musicians Friend came boxed in an Epi container and did include all paperwork, stickers, etc.

It's unfortunate GC and Epiphone treat the customer in this way. I would hope Epiphone would take measures to ensure their customers were receiving all materials due them via their vendors.

Facebook: Guenther's Guitar Tracks

Soundcloud.com/dougguenther

Fandalism: Doug Guenther

post-52042-057576500 1356764105_thumb.jpg

I received a beautiful Ultra-339 in Cherry on Christmas morning. It had everything except the 10' practice cable. Love the guitar. Wish it came with everything it was supposed to.

Have you made any adjustments on your truss rod yet at all?

Just curious if your truss rod turned easily and freely?

The truss rod won't turn on my 339 I just got couple days ago.

I may have to return the guitar.

Wish I could free it up and turn it because I love everything else on this particular guitar alot

Have you made any adjustments on your truss rod yet at all?

Just curious if your truss rod turned easily and freely?

The truss rod won't turn on my 339 I just got couple days ago.

I may have to return the guitar.

Wish I could free it up and turn it because I love everything else on this particular guitar alot

I haven't adjusted it at all. I like the setup enough that I won't start tinkering just yet.

I sure do like this guitar. Love the punchy tones you get when you blend the nanomag with the buckers.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the info; I wouldn't have known. My SG-Pro came with nothing, although I knew no case was included, I knew I should have gotten some type of literature with it. After reading your post, I emailed the dealer, and got my "goodie bag" to day with all the contents. They even threw in a cable.[thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my Nighthawk Custom Reissue today. Nothing in the box but the guitar. I called AMS customer service and asked if I could at least get the owner's manual, warranty card and truss rod wrench. He said he checked with his Tech and said NO guitar comes with those things. I have 5 Gibsons and a G&L ..All of them came with owner's manuals, check lists, and warranty cards. A couple came with a truss rod wrench and COA.

The Nighthawk is a nice, low budget guitar, but if it supposed to come with these items I feel a little slighted. AMS cust serv checked their own description and was shocked that all of the the items were supposed to come with a new Epiphone. Instead of offering to try to get these items for me, he suggested I call Epiphone myself and ask for them.

I called Epiphone (actually Gibson), and was told I could get the owners man and warranty on the Epi site, no offer to send me a TRW.

• 3 weeks later...

First time guitar buyer during a simple mid life crisis. Rather than a sports car and a mistress i chose this route. Love it, just wish I had some skills, unlike if I'd gone for the sports car and mistress. I also didn't receive the 10 foot cable. I wasn't exactly expecting it or anything else as the on line ad made no mention of any swag. I got the other stuff though. I wouldn't have minded getting the cable, but that wouldn't have lost them the transaction in any event. The day after I orded this, a music shop opened up next door to me, so I got the cables and other stuff before the guitar even came. I'm another one that got the Digitech RP90 and got the DG15 amp for free. I got my guitar from Musicians Friend and found the Digitech offer by chance, but, really a Les Paul Junior by Epiphone for $99, A few hundred on extras and I'm pretty happy with everything. I would have been out of my mind not to have THIS mid life crisis! I now am learning how to play guitar on an iconic axe! I may suck at it, but I'm still gonna try!!! I'm grateful for Epiphone producing these entry level products or I might never have given this a shot. I wasn't about to spend a few grand on something that might just end up leaning against the guitar stand if I can't get these 50 year old fingers to start loosening up some. And if they do, I know just what company will be selling me the next one, I'm loving this guitar big time. Thanks Epiphone.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

How about on an Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Limited Edition LP ?

I saw this pic with only a white paper (certificate of authenticity.)

and I saw this other pic with a yellowish paper (certificate of authenticity.) with a frame on it and a joe bonamassa picture with the goldtop.

Any ideas which one is true and what does other items comes with it? thanks!

I just brought mine home over the weekend. Came with California Girl case, Epi strap locks, truss rod tool, two sided poster, user manual and certificate folder with pic of Joe B and sertificate of authenticity signed by Epi pres and Joe b.

BTW, I am in love. always been a Tele guy. Now I understand the love of a good humbucker!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Got used to buying brand-new Epiphones in Canada coming with none of that. First one I bought, I went back to the shop a few days later asking about the missing truss rod wrench. The guy went to the basement, came back and handed me a handful of Allen keys, saying "Try these, one of them should fit". Of course, none did...

Fortunately, these wrenches are more common than what you need for a Rick...