Gibson Brands Forums

One trick pony learns new tricks.....plus other experiments...

Some time ago I bought my 1963 Epiphone Pacemaker EA-50T

For what I wanted it for, nice cleans for blues, it does the job very nicely, as Musikron said, a bit of a one trick pony.

Well I am teaching the pony some new tricks thanks to my Sansamp GT2 pedal........

P1010431_3.jpg

That pedal has opened a lot of possibilities.

Also loving my Bugera, for the money for someone like myself the hobbyist who wants a nice tone for late night playing that was very little money well spent.

GT2 owners........ out there any tricks or tips about how best amplify the GT2.

Experiment 1

Even thinking of rigging up the GT2 to an old NAD stereo amp on my desk I have hooked up to my Mac for plugging my beater SG into during the day......

A sort of kidproof daytime rig........

EDIT: Just tried the GT2 on my desk through the NAD.....

thats fun enough with my SG in the daytime for practising with backing tracks and tutorials on the computer. When I don't want the kids climbing over my Pacemaker and Bugera...

Experiment 2

I have a massive smile on my face........My Pacemaker does not have a reverb..........My Bugera has a digital reverb......The Bug internal 8in speaker attaches via 1/4 jack.........unplugged it and went Bug out Pacemaker in..........

WOW the bug as a pre amp with reverb into my Pacemaker and all the richness that adds through the 10" Wilder speaker....

I am gobsmacked that was beautiful.......

When I actually record anything "that" is my set up WOW.........

I am onto something here......

that was rich.......

Experiment 2

I have a massive smile on my face........My Pacemaker does not have a reverb..........My Bugera has a digital reverb......The Bug internal 8in speaker attaches via 1/4 jack.........unplugged it and went Bug out Pacemaker in..........

WOW the bug as a pre amp with reverb into my Pacemaker and all the richness that adds through the 10" Wilder speaker....

I am gobsmacked that was beautiful.......

When I actually record anything "that" is my set up WOW.........

I am onto something here......

that was rich.......

JC,

Sounds pretty awesome!

So when are you going to follow jerrymac's lead (Ah, JM Saturday Song post due tomorrow[biggrin]) & get some music up on this forum so we can all be [biggrin] 'gobsmacked'?

Stuart

JC' date='

Sounds pretty awesome!

So when are you going to follow jerrymac's lead (Ah, JM Saturday Song post due tomorrow[biggrin']) & get some music up on this forum so we can all be [biggrin] 'gobsmacked'?

Stuart

I have only recorded three snippets so far Stuart a couple of months ago and they were using garageband.

Just experiments, you can find them on this page.

http://www.josephcooper.eu/new-guitars.html

Why I am experimenting with the amps is, I want to use my video camera to record what is coming out of the "physical" amp.

I hope to record a few things in the summer.

Promise I will post when things happen.

My Pacemaker does not have a reverb..........My Bugera has a digital reverb......The Bug internal 8in speaker attaches via 1/4 jack.........unplugged it and went Bug out Pacemaker in..........

Let me get this straight...you're going from a speaker out to another amp's input?

Let me get this straight...you're going from a speaker out to another amp's input?

Yes probably not a good Idea but it sounded great and I am playing the Pacemaker now and she seems non the worse for the experiment.

It was an experiment. But I suppose it is not a good idea as I may blow something in Pacemaker with a signal from the Bug is that what you are thinking Ric....

I think he means he disconnected the speaker and used the Bugera headphone out into the Pacemaker....

Bugera5W.jpg

Although you can buy or make a step-down transformer that will take speaker level to a usable line voltage...

I think he means he disconnected the speaker and used the Bugera headphone out into the Pacemaker....

Bugera5W.jpg

Although you can buy or make a step-down transformer that will take speaker level to a usable line voltage...

That's it Brian I disconnected the Bug speaker so the only speaker being used was the one on the Pacemaker..

Just wanted to hear what the reverb would like through the Pacemaker.......

EDIT: Just looking how I had things set up and I plugged in blind so not totally sure which socket I put that lead into on the Bugera phones or output.....

I do know both amps are A 1 at the moment if it was the output to speaker socket I plugged into it would have blown the Pacemaker' date=' surely....

I had the Bugera attenuated to 0.1 so you valve junkies out there, what would have the Bugera been pumping out to its speaker and could another amp take that through its input socket........?

I would not try it again but it may have been that I went output attenuated at 0.1 on Bugera into an Epiphone Pacemaker Vintage amp......[biggrin

Well it sounded great whatever I plugged into......I just have a hunch I was very lucky this afternoon....

So can anyone tell me or how can find out what the Bugera pumps out as signal strength to the speaker when attenuated at 0.1....

Could the Pacemaker have handled that...?

Archived