Gibson Brands Forums

Truss Rod issues

That rod could be un-threaded all the way and the nut is jammed at the top of the channel - try to get it turning clockwise with some type of tool until you can get an allen wrench an the end if it - OR

The whole rod may be riding high in the channel because the anchored end at the bottom is loose (or out, or broken) - I don't know if you can see both ends of that rod, but if you can you should be able to do something.

One things for sure, just because the neck is nice and flat and playable today, doesn't mean you don't need a truss rod tomorrow.

She's Fixed!

I pushed the truss rod down into the neck then used an allen wrench to pull it to where it was flush with the nut. Then i snugged it up slightly until I could no longer move it. (with what force I was willing to apply) Now, All I have to do is the notation, and its good to go.

So for all your posts, and all the support, I owe you dudes a huge THANK YOU! I read in another post that this is the best forum on the interweb, and I completely agree. You guys kick some ***!

Thanks Again

Matt

Archived