Gibson Brands Forums

COA - Admin?

prakashananda

if the dealer cannot get you a COA, you must send the guitar back to us for authentication. then we can re-issue a COA when we return the guitar.

it's cumbersome, but because of counterfeiting this is the way we do it now...

if you want to send the guitar in, contact Gibson Customer Service at 1-800-4gibson or service@gibson.com

if the dealer cannot get you a COA' date=' you must send the guitar back to us for authentication. then we can re-issue a COA when we return the guitar.

it's cumbersome, but because of counterfeiting this is the way we do it now...

if you want to send the guitar in, contact Gibson Customer Service at 1-800-4gibson or service@gibson.com

[/quote']

Couldn't you have an authorized dealer or service center local to the customer provide this authentication?

Couldn't you have an authorized dealer or service center local to the customer provide this authentication?

not a bad idea, but i don't have anything to do with the process or the implementation...it's all corporate. Maybe you could suggest that to the folks in Customer Service...

not a bad idea' date=' but i don't have anything to do with the process or the implementation...it's all corporate. Maybe you could suggest that to the folks in Customer Service...[/quote']

I like the idea of the authentication process - great, but as long as you have local folks authorized for warranty work and as dealers, why not put them into the process?

Who do I email or call?

Hmmm....I just talked to the Guitar Center employee who sold me mine....

It's a Les Paul Classic Custom Silverburst, and it didn't come with a COA. While I was at the store, he called Gibson, and was told that since it didn't actually come from the custom shop, it didn't ship with a COA; so I'm supposed to send my proof of purchase and warranty card in and THAT will be my..."certification" i guess.

Is he yanking my chain?

Archived