Gibson Brands Forums

Realistic Value of SG 400 Pirates Edition Guitar

jjchavez

I have a limited edition Pirates of Caribbean SG400 guitar. It is mint condition (still has the plastic on the coverplates), hardly played in a brand new white coffin case. I'm trying to raise some money to go on a self-funded missions trip but don't have a clue how much this thing really is worth now. Can any of you give a ballpark estimate. I have all the books, adjustment wrench etc. as originally packaged.

Thanks for any inputs. I'll most likely sell it on Craigslist so shipping won't be an add on.

Difficult to say.

As a guitar - it's a used Epiphone G-400 (well, technically it's used even though you say it's still in as new condition). Remember that a new G-400 can be bought in the US for less than $400.

As a collector's item outside of the guitar buyer's market, I have no idea. I'm guessing it isn't really old enough to have appreciated in value as a collector's item yet.

If it's any help a seller in the UK has one listed on e-bay with a buy it now price equivalent to around $290.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-G-400-Pirates-Caribbean-Electric-Guitar-/320534133680?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4aa152bbb0

Good luck with your sale (and the journey it's financing.)

Archived