Gibson Brands Forums

Input jack!! goin out need help!

hey guys, my trusty VOX ad120vt has held up for about 6 years now with no complaints or problems, just recently it started having some issues with the sound cutting in and out and making some weird high pitch noise, so I tinkered a bit with it my self, replaced the tubes, reset the computer , and finally came down to when i wiggle the High input jack the noise cuts and and out and makes all that weird noise....so i cracked her open to have a look there is a HIgh and a Low input jack not to sure of what kind, but the low sems to be fine, they are both soldered to a circuit board that has 3 or 4 wires that come off and plug in to another circuit board its just that any movement of vibration ( wen the amp is cranked up loud) well set this thing off...i recently rigged it with a big washer to tightn the jack down a lil more and that helps but I Have looked all over the web and cant find any info on what type of jack it is to order and replace it, I have a friend who can do some electrical work so ill have him solder it in there save some $$$ from the amp dr. so any body got a clue as to where i can find a input jack for this guy?

Lots of places carry jacks. mouser.com, digikey.com, mojotone.com among countless other outlets. You'll need to identify what you've got, so you're going to have to shop around and carefully compare to what you've got. More than likely, it's an enclosed, plastic jack that mounts directly to the board. It SHOULD be a shunting type jack that shunts to ground when there's no plug in it, but that's not necessarily a given. If in doubt, you MIGHT be able to order it directly from Vox, though be prepared to spend way too much for it.

It's possible that it's not the jack that's failed, but rather, a solder connection underneath.

Archived