Gibson Brands Forums

lets hear the pedal setups!!!

Guest icantbuyafender

Im an analog guy. My main pedal board consists of this for gigging and jamming....

SD P-up booster (always on) into

EHX English Muff'n (as a pre-amp) into [just for home]

EHX Metal Muff into [just for home]

Boss Master switch Power Supply Effect Loop:

Boss BluesDriver BD-2

Boss SuperOverdrive DS-1

Boss Distortion SD-1

Boss Metal Zone

Boss Auto-Wah AW-2 (for solos)

Boss Chorus CE-2

Here is the analog setup:

guitar --> EHX Small Stone Phaser --> Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q --> Boss OD-3 (rarely on) --> Boss DS-1 (rarely on) --> Traynor YCS50H amp --> Boss GE-7 EQ --> EHX Deluxe Memory Man --> back into Traynor YCS50H amp --> Avatar 2x12 Cab (Vintage 30 + G12H30)

Here is the recording setup:

guitar --> Digitech RP350 --> computer via USB

I have a zach wylde pedal too and It really doesn't sound that good. The knobs barely have any effect besides going from on to off so you can't really customize the tone. I think most of his distortion is from his amps. I had much better results with the fulltone OCD, I know it is alot more money, but I have yet to find a overdrive/distortion that can do something that the OCD can't. It is very versatile.

4636878619_bb7fb0e481.jpg

modtone tuner > soul preacher > lpb-1 clean boost/solo boost > fulltone ocd > eh stereo pulsar tremolo > mxr carbon copy analog delay

I play around with the order of the pedals alot. It sounds really cool to put the compressor after the delay.

I tried the nano muff (because it was cheap) but it didn't work well with my guitar. I have p-90's and they just don't have enough power to fight that fuzz. My notes ended up dying with that thing. I think it might work better if you have humbuckers.

I always see the metal muff used for good prices, that might be better for the metal sound.

Guest icantbuyafender
I have a zach wylde pedal too and It really doesn't sound that good. The knobs barely have any effect besides going from on to off so you can't really customize the tone. I think most of his distortion is from his amps. I had much better results with the fulltone OCD' date=' I know it is alot more money, but I have yet to find a overdrive/distortion that can do something that the OCD can't. It is very versatile.

[img']http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3407/4636878619_bb7fb0e481.jpg[/img]

modtone tuner > soul preacher > lpb-1 clean boost/solo boost > fulltone ocd > eh stereo pulsar tremolo > mxr carbon copy analog delay

I play around with the order of the pedals alot. It sounds really cool to put the compressor after the delay.

I tried the nano muff (because it was cheap) but it didn't work well with my guitar. I have p-90's and they just don't have enough power to fight that fuzz. My notes ended up dying with that thing. I think it might work better if you have humbuckers.

I always see the metal muff used for good prices, that might be better for the metal sound.

The metal muff is a very worthwhile pedal for the measley 30-40 bucks you can snag one for off of ebay. I use mine to get a heavy late 80's rock tone. (Like Guns n roses)

The treble boost is amazing for cutting through the dense mix of bass and drums.

You'll find that the mid control is super responsive.

Archived