Gibson Brands Forums

Valensi Riviera, still Korean?

unreal77

Hi kids!

Recently a friend of mine bought a brand new Valensi from Sweetwater, I tried it this last weekend and saw that it said MIK...

Is that the only Epiphone being still produced over there?

I love my P93 but I guess it will have some more value if it was a MIK...

that guitar is simply awesome.

If it cam in other colors Ill get one...

Funny, alot of people dont like that colour; I couldn't give a t0ss about the Valensi logo (infact I want rid of it if i can find a proper a truss rod cover for normal money) but I love the colour; apparently some of them did come out a bit too orange though! perhaps your mate got one of them.

The one I played in my local store yesterday was Korean. I quite liked it actually, the colour, the P94s, the setup was good. I wouldn't have bought that one though, as the finish was running into the binding in a few places and the control knobs were a bit crooked. It was still a lot better than the Dot I played beforehand though. The finish on that was terrible. I couldn't really play it properly either, because it was so poorly set up and out of tune. More the fault of the store for not keeping it in tune though.

Hi kids!

Recently a friend of mine bought a brand new Valensi from Sweetwater' date=' I tried it this last weekend and saw that it said MIK...

Is that the only Epiphone being still produced over there?

I love my P93 but I guess it will have some more value if it was a MIK...[/quote']

I also have a Valensi, 2008, MIK. It is a wonderful guitar and the wood used in it is quite high quality. It is figured really nicely with quilt front and back. Also, I really like the color much, much more than the "natural" (basically almost plain and white) finish used on the current semi's and hollowbodies made by Epiphone. It looks like the aging toner used by Martin and other manufacturers. I have had it almost two years, and would never sell or trade it. In fact, I had a Rickenbacker 330 that I sold; I prefer my Valensi much more.

Cheers

Archived