Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Ace Frehley Silver BlueBurst

mgrasso

He's one for those that love seeing Epiphone's Limited Editions.

This is on e-bay with only 1 hour left, but thought it was worth adding the link for others to take a look.

Ace Frehley Silver BlueBurst

Never heard of this finish, but it does look interesting.

IMHO, no way he will ever get what he is asking though.

Mark

Cool guitar, but insane pricing. Gibson were supposed to be doing a run of these blueburst/silver sparkle Ace Frehleys, but I am not sure if they came out yet or not. Ace played one at Rock Honors a while back and had it in a few magazine articles recently. I bet that is about the price the Gibson would be.

That Epi may be rare, but I would not pay Custom Historic pricing for it...

I guess these sig guitars are ok, if the artist actually played one for real back in their prime, not for some special event which just looks to me like another marketing tool.

As far as the looks of the guitar, not my cup-o-tea. The top looks like the padding on Kustom amps. Which looks great on amps but idk about guitars.

Plus, apparently the seller is smoking crack. $4500.00 yeah ok, I'll make him an offer... of $450.00.

I don't give a sh** if this was the only one in existence and Ace himself soldered the pots. This dude is wasting his money on ebay listing fees, which are expensive, believe me I know, I have sold tons of stuff.

update: That auction ended without a sale, I know what a shock. He has relisted it for the same amount.

More money down the tubes.. cha-ching

Love the finish! And love that it is bound on the back. Knock off the headstock graphics, replace the 12th fret inlay with a regular one, take out the middle pick-up, and knock off $4000 and it would be cool!

Sheila

• 1 month later...

There's something unusual........I looking at the relisted auction

1. the inlay at the 12th fret on the guitar is signature inlay block but in the catalog shot it's 2 lightning bolts

2. the truss rod cover on the guitar is silver but in the catalog shot it is black

Also the pics in the auction are lifted from another ebay dealer who listed the guitar as sold. Maybe the seller bought the guitar from Katana but who knows:

Katana Guitars

There's something unusual........I looking at the relisted auction

1. the inlay at the 12th fret on the guitar is signature inlay block but in the catalog shot it's 2 lightning bolts

2. the truss rod cover on the guitar is silver but in the catalog shot it is black

Also the pics in the auction are lifted from another ebay dealer who listed the guitar as sold. Maybe the seller bought the guitar from Katana but who knows:

Katana Guitars

Don't forget in the catalog pic, it looks as though a 3 year old went at it and scribbled all over the body with a sharpie...

Archived