Gibson Brands Forums

post new pics of your les pauls

littlekenny

thats what it was

an epic

i wrote it about this 19 year old whos friend dies, then he goes off to LA and ends up getting murdered after a gig, for his prized 58 les paul

i'll have to find it, maybe ill post it for you guys

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey!

What' date=' just because I sold mine, I can't be a part of the club anymore??

Yeah...and people say that the Les Paul purists are snobs.

....tisk, tisk, elessar. O:)

O:)[/quote']

Ha. I guess former owners are ok too. I'm still working on mine a bit. I just added a pickup ring and am in the process of making a pickguard for it. To guard what people ask? Nothing, I just like the look really. I picked up a pickguard on clearance to use for a template. I'm also thinking of putting in some new Hovland caps and making my own no-load pots using this guide. I have a few extras laying around, so what the hell.

guitar junkie

how do you like the talkbox?

ive herd you have to plug them into the microphone and stuff like that

looks like a nice little band you got there

the talkbox has to be connected inbetween the head and the cabinet..

Basically what it is is a speaker in a vaccum sealed box. then theres the tube.. to make it short.. all the sound is comming out of the tube that goes in your mouth, and then you shape your mouth to get the sounds.. the only thing the microphone does it amplify that sound.. you dont need the mic at all to make the talkbox "work" but if you didnt have a mic the sound of the talkbox itself would only be at about speaking volume

guitar junkie

I tried one once' date=' it was pretty [i']groovy[/i]. It takes a little getting used to though

guitar junkie

I bought it to use on a couple of songs' date=' but haven't played around with it much otherwise. From what I [i']have[/i] done with it, I think it's very cool and I'm looking forward to playing with it a lot more. When we get a chance, we're going to try and learn a couple more "talk-box" songs.

As far as how it works, chEn summed it up pretty well. The internal speaker in my amp actually plugs into an output instead of being hard-wired so that makes hooking it up pretty easy. You disconnect your internal speaker and run from the speaker out on your amp into the talk-box. Inside the talk-box is a driver which is essentially a compact speaker. You then run from the output on the talk-box back to your speaker. When the talk-box is off, the internal driver is bypassed and you amp works like normal. When you activate the talk-box, the speaker on your amp is turned off and all the sound comes out of the driver which is sealed in the soundproof box. There's a hose coming out of the top of the unit carrying all the sound, which you place in your mouth. Then you just form words with your mouth while the sound of the guitar produces the tone. As chEn said, you need to have a microphone if you want to hear it any louder than speaking volume. I sing, so I run the hose up my mic stand and place it next to my mic so when I use it, it comes out of the PA at full volume.

NOT SURE, doing as much research as I can, IS this a Les Paul??? I was told it was. I will be getting more pics soon, had to hide the guitar at my friends house, its a birthday gift for my daughter.

Any info you have to give I would appreciate it.

Thanks

shaloujones

NOT SURE' date=' doing as much research as I can, IS this a Les Paul??? I was told it was. I will be getting more pics soon, had to hide the guitar at my friends house, its a birthday gift for my daughter.

Any info you have to give I would appreciate it.

Thanks

shaloujones[/quote']

Are you mental? Where's the picture?

You got your Daughter a guitar, but don't know if it's a real LP..? Surely if she's into guitars enough to warrant buying a real Gibson then you'd do your research?

Is it the guitar in your avatar..?

=D>

yes its the one of my avatar, no I am not mental, I am just a newbie, I DO KNOW its a gibson, but I know nothing of guitars. My daughter has wanted one for 3 years now, I found this one that fits her perfectly and realized it was a good buy, it came with an amp and everything she would need, plus it is a NAME I trust, I KNOW it will last her for years.

The person who sold it to me stated there were only about 5 ever made like this. And I thought it would be nice to find out if there is a story behind it. So I started researching it. And here I am asking for anyones advise on it.

Thanks for any help you can give, and any patience with me, shaloujones

Get the serial number off the backside of the headstock, at the top of the neck.

Don't publish it here in the forum.

You can send a personal message to one of these guys with the number to see if they can help, or simply call Gibson Customer Service at 800-444-2766. They're open 24/7.

Explain what you have, ask them for everything they can tell you with the serial number.

Sometimes they can really hit a home run on info, now and then they don't have any records at all.

At the very least, you will know exactly when it was built.

Write everything down, you will NOT remember it all.

Archived