Gibson Brands Forums

post new pics of your les pauls

littlekenny

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surfpup your goldtop has piss colored inlays

Funny thing is they don't affect the sound at all. They do their job perfectly well. In fact, I never even noticed the color difference in the Classic's inlays until other people started complaining about them. As for me, I don't discriminate against the colored abalone! Just seems wrong to do so. =P~

I'd think that would get in the way of toggle switching quickly big time. How does the pre-amp sound?

hey pup you can adjust it to barely noticable to ridiculous gain boost. its like adding a second nine volt battery. i use it about a 1/4 gain boost and i love it there.

oh and pup if you look closely at the pic the boost does not get in the way because of the way i positioned the toggles. the emg switch kinda goes up and down and the gibson switch kinda goes sideways pointing at the 20th fret when using the emg 81 (bridge). oh and the gibson switch is much taller.

• 6 months later...

DSC01560-1.jpg

It plays better then the 100's of Les Paul's I've played. Even customs. Better action then a 56' even. Buzzes a little, though. My favorite guitar. Pickups don't buzz like my Strat. I am debating weather or not to rip out the bridge pickup, or put a kill switch on it. I hate the bridge pickup.

DSC01581.JPG

Here is my 1987 Black Beauty' date=' best neck i have felt on a Custom, just an awesome guitar.

Maybe one day i will get a Tabaco Burst to keep her company.

[/quote']

Sweet Custom!! I just picked up a 08 custom at GC in black for $2,500!!! Im havin them set it up and will post pics ASAP:d/

i'll play too:

P1120017.jpg

P1120018.jpg

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! THE WHITE ONE!!!!!! I USED TO OWN A STANDARD LIKE THAT FROM 1991!!!! What ever you do, DONT sell it! Like a dope, I sold mine and I actually think about it everyday. The biggest mistake of my life :- was selling that beauty.

Archived