Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar Pics - Haynes Custom 58

retrosurfer1959

Well here is the Warren Haynes model I ordered after Musicians Friend cancelled the 58 plain top. It's a nice color and set-up is perfect low and fast with a chunky 58 neck. It's close to a iced tea type of color with a light burst. Gibson is something though supposed to come with Schallers already installed and it kind of does at least on of the strap-locks is a Schaller the other is a standard Gibson ????

Has the typical VOS finish and a nicely cut bone nut. Definately can see the top is two colors with one side darker than the other, first thing the wife said guess she's spoiled with the R9 being a one piece . Not a gorgeous top but sounds and plays great. Tell me what ya think?

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1782.jpg

It's a CAE CB2 preamp designed for when you want to run longer cables with no tone loss, yet still retain the natural clarity and definition of the instrument. It keeps the tonal purity equal even at low volume and through an effects chain in order to give you a more consistant tone irregardless of what your volume setting or effects chain has it.

It also really balances out the pickups and keeps guitar tone clean. I love the sucker, I installed one in my Standard about a month ago, best mod I ever did. I don't use a lot of effects but I want good balance in the pickups I hate it to sound like two different guitars when you switch between pickups.

Congrats on the new guitar... Looks very classic/classy !! Just one question about that switch or I should say switching between pickups... Don't you want to have a pretty marked change in sound when changing pickups? Isn't that the point to change? Probably a dumb question but had to ask...

yeah the color is kind of a lemon iced tea burst (sound more like a drink then a color) the weight is actually a surprise is solid but not heavy a little over 9 lbs. so pretty light for a non weight relieved guitar.

Work is not cooperating with a new guitar right now so maybe tonight i'll get a chance to really play her for a hour or so.

She's beautiful! Personally' date=' I like the plain tops. I'll bet she sounds lovely.

Government Mule is playing here next Saturday. I'm interested to see if he'll be playing the signature model on stage. [/quote']

last two times Ive seen him he played several Les Paul s but no signature and a firebird that was great sounding.

are you going? if so enjoy it's a great show and different everytime

Thanks Everyone I had a few hours to play it tonight and it;s definitely staying a great tone and easy to play. I really line the unity pre-amp also doesn't really flavor the tone or anything just gives it a consistency of tone and I played it through a 40 foot cable with no drop off even at low volume very cool.

Archived