Gibson Brands Forums

Finally - My Quest Is Almost Over......

buchananblues

Well, the quest for my first Les Paul is just about over, yesterday I received a 20% discount coupon from Musicians Friend & it's good for any item. So, I am rolling the dice on this one, I ordered a gold top traditional - yes - on line order. I swore I would never order a high priced guitar on line, but the coupon can only be used for on line orders. I have played a traditional at GC and really like it & it's also in my budget!!!! I am praying that it arrives safe and in good condition. Wish me luck. Obviously, it can go two ways, it shows up in perfect condition OR the on line order thing is a total disaster.

I will keep everyone posted.

MF has a no question asked return policy pretty much if you don't like it send it back. 45 days on most thing 10 days for stringed instruments

Good luck I said the same thing about not buying online but sometimes the coupons and on-line clearence sales make it hard not to roll the dice. Ive done it three times now and two of the guitars were great one was a real lemon which I returned the same day I got got it with no problems.

I didn't have any trouble with 2 guitars I got from M.F., they arrived on the day they said they would (that 5th day was a hum-dinger), and both guitars were ready to go out-of-box. Then again, and not to feed paranoia, I've heard stories to the contrary, especially with Gibson guitars for anything from finish, to worse things like busted necks, 'course that'd be UPS you'd go after for that. Friend at another forum ordered an amp, and by all appearances, the box was thrown into his breezeway (had a big dent in the box, and the amp didn't work). I got no faith in United Parcel Service.

I went ahead and paid for the 1-2 day shipping for my silverburst. I didn't want it to sit in some delivery truck for too long. I figured if I was paying that much for a guitar, I might as well spring for the overnight delivery.

MF is very reliable with their shipping policies. I've never had a problem with anything I've ordered from them. I would rather order from them than deal with the cocky sales people at my local GC.

Good luck with your purchase! I hope you enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying mine.

I don't like ordering guitars on-line' date=' but my R8 was an on-line order. (Hypocrite, I know.)

The price was good, so I went for it. Great guitar! I was lucky.[/quote']

Well, $ is the great motivator. I was thinking about this same thing the other day. I noticed quite a few folks who often say you must play lots of guitars before you buy one recently hooked up at MF or GC once the prices dropped enough! Hey, I'd just as soon be a hypocrite with a killer new Lester! ^_^

Same thought, with the online coupon I just couldn't pass it up. If there are any issues with it - back it goes for another one and I'll keep doing that until I get the one I want. But, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the guitar gods are keeping an eye on my new LP. : )

I got this Standard thru MF. I changed the strings lubed the nut conditioned the board, and it sounds unbelievable! I'm glad I took the gamble. I have also ordered other things online that did;nt work out so good. I'm sure yours will work. Congrats!LesPaulStandardCranberry004.jpg

My motivation for buying guitars online starts with the hefty 9.25% sales tax in Tennessee, I got my explorer with one of those 20% off coupons, that was 29.5% cheaper online.

When I bought my LPVM at GC it was the last one, love at first sight/touch I have seen many over the last 3 years and I still like mine better than any so it is not necessarily true that must test 20 to get a good one. Maybe there is a better one on the 21st box you did not open....

Granted spending more than 2 grand sight unseen will make you nervous no matter what you are buying. Wait for your guitar with positive vibe and the experience will be more enjoyable. That's what I did with my Explorer, it did not matter to me how many times I would have to return it I knew I would get a gret one eventually.

Guitars that come from MF or Music 123 are sealed in the box according to their service reps they are not allowed to open the boxes so the quality of your guitar is all Gibson's resposability.

Sweetwater does open their boxes so I am not sure how that works.

Archived