Gibson Brands Forums

Parts for Epiphone Accu-Bass

The Flash

I'm a long-time guitar player (44 years), and I recently decided I wanted to learn more bass skills. So, I bought an inexpensive bass from a local guy who had bought it new. He replaced the Epiphone pickups with active EMG's. I believe that it's an Accu-Bass. It has a body shape much like a Fender P-Bass, but the headstock is more like an Ibanez. Definitely Asian-made.

Anyway, it's missing it's string tree. A friend had a Fender string retaining "button" that he gave me, which holds down the D string fine, but the G string goes off at such an angle that it's outside the edge of the button. The bass is playable as is, but I'm worried that the tension on the G string is going to break off the outside edge of the nut. I've been looking for a replacement string tree that will work, but I'm not really finding one. All that seems to be out there is Fender stuff. Can anybody steer me in the right direction, or maybe someone out there has upgraded and has one they'll part with?

I don't check the Forum much, so if you could email me at theflash52@live.com I'd be most appreciative. Thanks!

Archived