Gibson Brands Forums

Limited Edition Silverburst Thunderbird

Rob R

I just pick up Silverburst Thunderbird bass last week and have been totaly blown away.

It's definitly a keeper. I was just wondering how much of a limited edition are these?

Is there a set number or are they limited to how ever many they want to make? It won't

make a difference on my opinion of this bass, I was just wondering:-k

Here's a couple pics of it[biggrin]

001.jpg

003.jpg

Thanks for any info anybody might have,

Rob

HNBD but, sorry, silver geets of any sort have just never done it for me.

I should say, I think the all chrome hardware on that IS a good call though.

Still, diversity is what makes it fun, so enjoy man!

gpic3.jpg

That looks like a piece of jewelry!! As a matter of fact, if that circle at the tip of the headstock where a chain hole, I'd wear it!!

Rob R, love the silverburst! It is the one burst I've always liked (though there are a few more starting to grow on me).

Congrats on the bass!

Sheila

Thanks everybody, this one was perfect for me. I've had a older one that I liked,

but I was wanting something different. I tryed the Goth version, and the

Blackbird (I didn't like the neck on that one) I even tried a Gibson Tbird Studio

at Best Buy on clearance for $699 (I didn't care for that one at all).

I found this one at Guitar Center, I even was able to use the 10% coupon on it[biggrin]

I currently own 35-40 basses, an I've haven't been able to put this one down sence I

I got it home[love]

The only thing I don't like about the Standard Epi T-birds is the bridge. Hipshot makes a replacement that contacts the body better.

I COULD, however, rant all day about the design flaws of the Gibson T-bird.

The only thing I don't like about the Standard Epi T-birds is the bridge. Hipshot makes a replacement that contacts the body better.

I COULD' date=' however, rant all day about the design flaws of the Gibson T-bird.[/quote']

I've been wanting to try one of those hipshot replacements. I don't really want to change anything on the silverburst yet, so if I don't sell my other one, I might have to give one a try.

gadunz: I would probably hang my bathtowel on that geet[biggrin]

I currently own 35-40 basses' date=' an I've haven't been able to put this one down sence I

I got it home[love']

Rob: You are more welcome by the minute Bros!

So, when are you gonna start feeding us group pics of 'the family'.

35-40 new drool bass targets will rock even the hardcore posters up in our northerly 'Electrics' Forum[cool]

I'll try and get some pics up soon. I'm still having a great time looking around here, and I don't want to goof up and post ing the wrong section. I've belonged to other fourm and didn't want or make a newbie mistake.

I'm not sure most of mine will fit in, I have alot of BC Rich guitars/basses, so they aren't

the traditional style of guitars, but I still love alot of the old Gibson/Epi guitars (LP's Thunderbirds, Explorers)

I did just fine a thread in the Lounge section on gear colletions, so I'll post them there,

but here's a older pic, I'm currently taking all new pics, plus I nee a update group pic, I

hope to get a round to doing that soon. I'll post newer pics in the other thread.

th_049.jpg th_050.jpg th_053.jpg th_055.jpg th_056.jpg

Lemme guess... 'Country & Western' fan[biggrin]

...& certainly not to send you away from talkin' basses down here, but yeah, I would post 'your family' up in the 'Gear Collections' thread also Rob.

Lemme guess... 'Country & Western' fan[biggrin]

...& certainly not to send you away from talkin' basses down here' date=' but yeah, I would post 'your family' up in the 'Gear Collections' thread also Rob.

[/quote']

:- Good one. I post there soon with the updated pics, these are the old ones

and a couple of these I don't even own, and there's some new ones that want to get

in on the act[cool]

I know the feeling, most of mine are NJ's, I do have a few USA that took me a while to get.

I have been upgrading most of mine. New hardware, electronics, after that even some of

my import that had issues are playing and sounding alot better.

Archived