Gibson Brands Forums

sunburst or natural Sherri

Chris the Gent

Ok, I've decided to pull the trigger and opt for a sherri, been offered a really good deal with a Vox ac4tv from my local dealer,

so the question is, Sunburst or Natural?

opinions please, also, pictures of anyone with these would be awesome, to feed my GAS if nothing else.....:-k

-Chris.

yeh when i got my Sheraton, I really wanted a sunburst one, but I wanted the old tobacco burst stylee. Didn't like the new yellowish burst. ended up going for black whick I think looks very nice indeed.

I would say play both a good amount of time' date=' one will shine above the other most likely. Other than that, what color is your amp? P.S. Thanks Sledge for the recent trade!!

[img']http://i50.tinypic.com/2gsmps3.jpg[/img]

Looks good Dan glad you like it.

Now I can get another opinion besides mine on how nice that guitar is [mellow]

Can't wait to get home and see what's waiting for me.

I love that white one Jerry. Wished they would release it again. Here's mine. I wanted a natural but this is what the shop had, minus my mods, and it was love at first site. I have looked a a few of the new naturals, but I'm not impressed. Not as nice as the older ones which had nicer grain in them. Just my $.02.

One with the black following the body edge would be an Elite, no longer made. But there are used ones around.

Sherry.jpg

I would love a black one.

A black Sherry just sold locally last week for $200 and that included an Epiphone HSC and a small EPI amp. It was back on CL 3 days later for $350 by the new owner/flipper.

Plus 1 for the natural' date=' they look grrrreeeaattt in natural.

[img']http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/maccraw/EPI%20Sherry/sherry_2003_002.jpg[/img]

I want a GOOD VSB Sherri, preferably not a "II", to go with..............

GarysCam066.jpg

GarysCam068.jpg

GarysCam065.jpg

In the 2 yrs i've had it, the rosewood has darkened quite nicely from when these pics were made..........

Except for installing 18/1 Grover Super Rotos w/Imperial buttons, it's absolutely bone stock & I LOVE the tone (balancing both p'ups).

This is my "go to" electric, even though I own Gibsons & Fenders. It's my "baby", and my wifes favorite too!

Archived