Gibson Brands Forums

Hey it's the weekend!

Johnt

It's here over here!

AJ is just leaving his office and I've been working at home today so have just celebrated the weekend with a resounding version of "Lola".

So no-one I don't love has any claim on my time for 2 days.

(But I bet the one I do love has a list for me!)

Like Thermionik I have cut the grass, he cut 2 acres I cut 2 square feet, but we've got three dogs against his one so "hazard avoidance" evened out the time !

Have a great weekend when it comes guys.

Feel happy with the fact that as you leave your offices/staterooms/operating theatres etc this evening, we will already be nearly "rat-assed" and ready for bed!

Thanks for an entertaining week, mine's been cr*p and your indulgence and humour have helped me through

Appreciated!!

It's not even "hump" day for me. My weekend is Tues./Wed. So enjoy yours.

Thanks GB

BTW "hump" and "humping" are more of those words which have different conertations over here!

I do hope that a "hump" or two comes my way this weekend!

BR

John

It's here over here!

AJ is just leaving his office and I've been working at home today so have just celebrated the weekend with a resounding version of "Lola".

So no-one I don't love has any claim on my time for 2 days.

(But I bet the one I do love has a list for me!)

Like Thermionik I have cut the grass' date=' he cut 2 acres I cut 2 square feet, but we've got three dogs against his one so "hazard avoidance" evened out the time !

Have a great weekend when it comes guys.

Feel happy with the fact that as you leave your offices/staterooms/operating theatres etc this evening, we will already be nearly "rat-assed" and ready for bed!

Thanks for an entertaining week, mine's been cr*p and your indulgence and humour have helped me through

Appreciated!!

[/quote']

Me too. I'll be outa here soon. On a plane to Bulgaria on Monday so I'll miss out on the forum next week.

I'm off the The George tonight for my usual several pints of ale, which normally means a few postings in about 6 hours or so - slightly worse for wear. Sorry again.

Thanks GB

BTW "hump" and "humping" are more of those words which have different conertations over here!

I do hope that a "hump" or two comes my way this weekend!

BR

John

It has the same meaning here, depending on context. That's why I put it in quotes. One or two? Go for the triple crown. The hat trick. The trifecta.

JohnT - I don't MOW the 2-acres man, just a path around the edge !

Talking of dogs - how are the little blighters?

Our slug is still hauling it's sorry arse around, actually made it from the big apple tree to the back door yesterday!

JohnT - I don't MOW the 2-acres man' date=' just a path around the edge !

Talking of dogs - how are the little blighters?

Our slug is still hauling it's sorry arse around, actually made it from the big apple tree to the back door yesterday![/quote']

I came home last night and the missus had the yard half mowed and insisted on finishing. It's normally my, keep my sanity, job, but I let her finish. So, I made supper. She's got me worried, though. We're / I am still decratin' my music room and I think she's having negotiators remorse. I think she may want some real-estate back. She's even offered to decrate, but NO WAY. This is MY Mancave and I'm gonna decrate at my disgression.

We were supposed to get bastardly vicious thundershowers last night so I frantically mowed what I could of the lawn. The weedwhacker overheated (something binding in the spool making it smoke and smell funny), the riding mower ran out of gas with about 40 square feet left to go, so I finished with the push mower. I got the worst of it anyway; some of my lawn grows fast, some hardly at all.

Pretty dull here. Shipped a guitar to Ontario and plucked some parts off a bike carcass. Toying with the notion of loading some scrap onto the truck and going to the junkyard.

*yawn*

Half way through now. Sunday morning 12.35.

Cut the grass, spent 30 mins with J45, 30 mins with SWD Damn still can't get the run down in D for "here comes the sun" and lastly about 20 mins playing what I call Blues on the 335.

Wife been out looking for flat(apartment not tyre) for her daughter.

Today's Sunday. Weather cloying very humid.

Guitar necks sticky

I think that the Jack Russell lying across the bottom of the bed is away with the fairies!

"I am going out now I may be some time"

it's 7:50 pm saturday night and i'm 1 band deep into a 4 band indie pop show. judging by the middling crowd, the headliner has lost some of its appeal to the screaming 14 yr. old girl demo. i'd say they're 12 minutes into their 15 minutes of fame. no shows for 6 days! yowzuh! tomorrow will be a good day of relaxation.

yowzuh! tomorrow will be a good day of relaxation.

Amen to that!

When it comes please ensure you enjoy to the full.

Goes for all of you

Goodnight

I can see the bottom of the bottle, time to hit the sack!

God help me, I went to the junkyard and dropped off a load, then brought back:

1. The safety cable I needed for my push mower (donated by a rusted hulk).

2. A bow rake that only needs a little straightening and some linseed oil.

3. A cool old wooden homemade tool box with multi-colored peeling paint.

4. The entire nose section from a 1947-48 International truck.

Why the truck nose? To place on the trail to the beaver pond, just off into the dense vegetation. It is incongruous but will have some of the Cadillac Ranch thing going on.

2hnqa8l.jpg

Then I went & looked at a decent old boat trailer for my '58 Bat Boat. Solid, straight, needs taillights, $200.

One man's rusted hulk is... how'd you put that? is another mans' "incongruity on the way to the beaver pond."

I espcially like the black paint as it cascades from the top of the hood and the puke green grille.

I'll bet it makes a great tukey blind. Probably would have to prop the hood a smidge though.

So... just curious... what're they askin' now-a-days for a rusted beyond use front clip of a truck not made since the 70's?

"bat boat"?

That's the beauty of this junkyard. I have free access and I take them a lot of scrap metal so they pretty much have told me if I see something I want, just take it. So I paid exactly what it was worth!

The Bat Boat is a completely unrestored 1958 Baker-Jewell 14' runabout with huge tailfins like everything in the late 50s. People sometimes refer to them as Bat Boats as a nod to the one in the Adam West series.

28i9tz7.jpg

It's not even "hump" day for me. My weekend is Tues./Wed. So enjoy yours.

Just to prove we Brits have long memories as well as being long winded (Quote gearbasher "Once again the long-winded trait appears")

You have a good weekend!

LOL

BR

John

That's the beauty of this junkyard. I have free access and I take them a lot of scrap metal so they pretty much have told me if I see something I want' date=' just take it. So I paid exactly what it was worth!

The Bat Boat is a completely unrestored 1958 Baker-Jewell 14' runabout with huge tailfins like everything in the late 50s. People sometimes refer to them as Bat Boats as a nod to the one in the Adam West series.

[img']http://i35.tinypic.com/28i9tz7.jpg[/img]

almost looks road-ready, ksd!

Just to prove we Brits have long memories as well as being long winded (Quote gearbasher "Once again the long-winded trait appears")

You have a good weekend!

LOL

BR

John

Thanks for the well wishes. Unfortunately, it's already shaping up to be a bad weekend for me. I slipped with a spanner at work, yesterday, and did a small number on my left hand. So, no guitar playing for a few days. On top of that, I'm subjected to an all clear liquid diet on Wed. due to a medical test on Thurs. So, that kills any form of a good bike ride on Wed. Is vodka considered a clear liquid?

Anyhow, thanks again. If you keep being this nice to me, I'm gonna stop thinking your entire country is populated by bl00dy w@nkers!!

Take care. Off to work for my final tour of the week.

Archived