Gibson Brands Forums

Wilshire!

rhinobean123

Hey guys, this is my first (proper) post.

Just wanted to show you guys some pics of my Epiphone Wilshire 66, in worn cherry which arrived the other day :-

I am very happy with it so far, the quality of it is good.

I have never had a satin finished guitar before and it just looks and feels great to me!

2-1.jpg

12.jpg

I hope to post a few more pics soon!

Welcome Rhinobean, and HNGD!! That's a very nice looking example, looks like great wood. I'm very happy with mine, purchased in March, I did a pickups/controls/wiring replacement and it sounds wonderful. Hopefully yours is sounding great stock. They're so retro cool!

Peter, the standard Epiphone SG hardcase fits the Wilshire -

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Hardshell-Case?sku=517247

Welcome Rhinobean' date=' and HNGD!! That's a very nice looking example, looks like great wood. I'm very happy with mine, purchased in March, I did a pickups/controls/wiring replacement and it sounds wonderful. Hopefully yours is sounding great stock. They're so retro cool!

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Hardshell-Case?sku=517247

[/quote']

Nice guitar Rhinobean. Been looking at one myself.

Teegar, what pickups did you replace the Epi minis with? Just curious.

Stewart B

Welcome Rhinobean' date=' and HNGD!! That's a very nice looking example, looks like great wood. I'm very happy with mine, purchased in March, I did a pickups/controls/wiring replacement and it sounds wonderful. Hopefully yours is sounding great stock. They're so retro cool!

[/quote']

Thanks everyone:) Haven't bought a new guitar in years so this is quite a treat.

The grain is really nice in real life and manages to match up the 3 peices of body well.

I havent had the pleasure of playing higher end guitars than this but the pickups get me the sounds I was after (when i set my amp to fender I get a very nice garage tone ala white stripes, but set to marshall it has a great punch to it like an sg which sounds great for classic rock).

Thanks everyone:) Haven't bought a new guitar in years so this is quite a treat.

The grain is really nice in real life and manages to match up the 3 peices of body well.

I havent had the pleasure of playing higher end guitars than this but the pickups get me the sounds I was after (when i set my amp to fender I get a very nice garage tone ala white stripes' date=' but set to marshall it has a great punch to it like an sg which sounds great for classic rock).

[/quote']

Sounds fantastic Rhino... HNGD!

I recently purchased one of these and was favorably impressed.

I got the worn cherry model. Nice neck and the body is very light, but still balances well with the neck.

Setup and action are excellent. The guitar's not perfectly intonated but a few tweaks will get it into shape.

In any event, I'm finding I'm more of a Telecaster guy, so I would be willing to part with this (too many guitars, the usual story).

I'm asking $230 plus actual shipping (includes Fender gig bag).

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,

Jeff

Stewart - I went with Seymour Duncan Antiquity II minihumbuckers. They do sound great, I'll post on the installation soon, it was NOT straightforward, but not bad really. They're designed to fit into Les Paul Deluxes, not Epis (like Sheraton, Wilshire. etc.)

$230 is a great price, someone should snap that up.

Stewart - I went with Seymour Duncan Antiquity II minihumbuckers. They do sound great' date=' I'll post on the installation soon, it was NOT straightforward, but not bad really. They're designed to fit into Les Paul Deluxes, not Epis (like Sheraton, Wilshire. etc.)

$230 is a great price, someone should snap that up.[/quote']

Thanks Mate. Look forward to the post.

Stewart

Archived