Gibson Brands Forums

The 08 - 58 Reissue question

jnstrom

Cherry finish and a Murphy aged finish.

At least you have a choice - thank God!

Tom Murphy was the first guy to gain fame as the "aged look" guru.

Take a beautiful Cherry finish 58 to Tom Murphy' date=' along with a fat check, and when he's done your guitar will look like it lived outside for the last 50 years.

I guess I'm [b']the one [/b]irritating loudmouth guy out of a million who thinks this Relic, Vos, Aged baloney is exactly that.

I HAVE a fifty year old guitar, and a forty year old guitar - they look ALMOST BRAND NEW!

Pay big money to fxck up a killer, pristine guitar....

Where's my medication....

I guess I'm the one irritating loudmouth guy out of a million who thinks this Relic' date=' Vos, Aged baloney is exactly that.[/quote']

Actually, we're on the same page again, Neo. I don't get the point of paying extra for a guitar to look like it was poorly taken care of. I'm fine with a faded finish - looks good. Buy paying some guy to make my parts corrode? No thanks.

Where's my medication....

I tol ya already - square bottle, black label, made in Tennessee.... =P~

I got an idea.

Lets intercept the beautiful Gibson Les Pauls headed for the dungeon to be aged.

Substitute Epiphone Les Pauls.

Hell, that's what most Epiphones will look like in real life anyway....

As long as they aren't bolt-on neck, who would know?

The Real Deal Gibsons could find loving homes where the finish would be cared for by players who actually clean their guitars when they need it.

Maybe thru the NeoCon House for Wayward Guitars & Guns, we could all make a difference!

I got an idea.

Lets intercept the beautiful Gibson Les Pauls headed for the dungeon to be aged.

Substitute Epiphone Les Pauls.

Hell' date=' that's what most Epiphones will look like in real life anyway....

As long as they aren't bolt-on neck, who would know?

The Real Deal Gibsons could find loving homes where the finish would be cared for by players who actually clean their guitars when they need it.

Maybe thru the [b']NeoCon House for Wayward Guitars & Guns[/b], we could all make a difference!

ok, im game. i've got the ski mask and guns, anyone else live near the gibson factory?

ok' date=' im game. i've got the ski mask and guns, anyone else live near the gibson factory?[/quote']

Well, no... but I can be there in 10 hours. I am always looking for an excuse to get to Nashville and eat at satco and Rotier's! I can taste that grilled cheeseburger now.

Archived