Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
r2bflash

USA forum

Would all Steinbergers currently being manufactured and sold step forward to receive their forum.

Not so fast USA line!

I think it'll be a while before we see new USAs.

No. Just because something is no longer made, does not make it vintage. I would take 'vintage' to mean the original GLs, GPs and GMs made before production halted in the late 90s. Personally, I'd go further to say only pre-Gibson Steinbergers were 'vintage', but since many post-Gibson guitars were made from existing stock and that you cannot really say that quality suffered any, the line does get blurred. I would also say that an L is an L and should be considered vintage no matter when it was made since they are the holiest of the holies. I'm lucky enough to have a white Newburgh GL. There's just something cool about having something that is not only no longer made, but difficult to find a comparable product on the market. Now THAT is a vintage instrument!

The original post was not intended to debate what is vintage and what is not. This topic was intended to find out where discussions about the USA line take place. Sorry for the confusion! I do not see anywhere that applies to the USA line, do you?

There is no specific place for the USA line for a reason. My first reply was a joking way of saying that it is no longer a Gibson product. If you look at the specific sub-forums that were created, they are all part of the new Steinberger product push. The USA line is not a part of that push. They don't want to promote something that they don't sell. At such a time when/if the USA lines is reintroduced, I'm sure they'll make a home here. The point of the forum (I'm guessing) is to promote the new and existing product lines. The 'vintage' folder must be a catch-all for forum members to tie in the history of Steinberger with the new pushes. To build off of the strength of the past to promote the future. So, in that sense, the 'vintage' folder is the only place to talk about the USA line. Calling the USA line 'vintage' however, adds a tone of finality to the line that makes me uncomfortable. I guess we'll see.

So, I guess after all this the answer is yes. Posts about the USA line will be in the Vintage Steinberger forum until we hear something different.

So' date=' I guess after all this the answer is [b']yes[/b]. Posts about the USA line will be in the Vintage Steinberger forum until we hear something different.

Well, then this is probably the place for me to get some answers. Yes, I'm qualified to be here, I own a 90's GM4T ;-)

Since about 2006 I've been trying to buy a GM7 USA model. The guitar has been listed on the Steinberger homepage (as being "currently out of stock"), with the date for its availability postponed week by week. It still *is* listed this way on the Music Yo homepage. I've been visiting the Gibson booth on the Frankfurt Music Fair, but there was nobody to answer Steinberger related questions. I've been searching the Internet, I've contacted Music Yo, I asked former German Steinberger resellers, just to get a clue what's going on, but I'm still as uninformed as before.

I still have the money and am ready and willing to get this guitar. Will it *ever* happen? What is the current status of Steinberger as a company? No longer a Gibson stepchild? I'd really appreciate any current information based on facts...

Thanks,

Bernd

I don't think you'll get an official response. The 'rolling due date' is typical MY MO (MusicYo modus operandi). They do this with every product that is not in stock and it is not in the least accurate. Some people have had some luck in the past by registering to be notified when something is in stock, but honestly, as I've stated earlier in this thread, I would not expect anything from the USA line for a long time - if ever. We've been speculating about this for a long time on the SW list and I think we all pretty much agree that the USA line is (at the very least) on hold for the new line to gain some traction.

I hope I'm wrong - but there ya go. You can try EBay.

Some people have had some luck in the past by registering to be notified when something is in stock

Well' date=' I've been registered there for the -7TA and the -7SA for almost two years. Without any notification yet…

… that the USA line is (at the very least) on hold for the new line to gain some traction.

Is that a true alternative? I would take the risk to order a GM USA model (without playing it beforehand), since I expect it to be similar to what I have, but buying a Z-Series guitar without any chance to test it? There are (at least currently) no German resellers.

You can try EBay.

Well, I prefer new guitars... now, that's a predicament, isn't it? ;-)

Bernd

Btw, I should tell you that the MY GMs are not identical to the original GMs. Most notably, the original GM necks are thicker than the MY models. Many prefer the older necks. I actually prefer the newer ones, but my fondness for Ibanez guitars may have something to do with that. [biggrin]

Most notably' date=' the original GM necks are thicker than the MY models. [/quote']

Hmmm… isn't there an E-Mail notification option available when there are answers in a thread? Yes, I know of the subscription feature, but this needs some extra clicks…

Anyway, the neck thickness is something you get used to or not. Being frustrated with the GM7 not showing up I bought a Carvin CT6 meanwhile (but still would, of course, get the GM7 as well, if possible). There definitely are necks I don't like, but I assume Steinberger necks not to be among them.

Did you personally play a Z-model already?

Bernd

Did you personally play a Z-model already?

Bernd

Nope. Got one on order. Someone at the SW list (check my sig) may have a GM7 for sale. A lot of product was moved out of MYs doors over the past couple of years. I personally bought about 4 GM7s, 3 GM4s, and a GLB during this phase. You could probably get a pretty decent (if not mint) guitar on the secondary market.

I personally bought about 4 GM7s' date=' 3 GM4s, and a GLB during this phase. You could probably get a pretty decent (if not mint) guitar on the secondary market.[/quote']

Gosh… 8 Steinbergers only during this phase? I know why MY is out of stock ;-)

I think I'll relax a little bit and wait for the first ZT reviews. Meanwhile, if you know somebody who wants to get rid of a GM-7 (TA or SA, preferably honeyburst), I would really appreciate any hint.

Bernd

Meanwhile' date=' if you know somebody who wants to get rid of a GM-7 (TA or SA, preferably honeyburst), I would really appreciate any hint.

[/quote']

Consider my signature a hint. Post there, maybe someone is interested if the price is right.

Hey there,

I`m desperatey looking for a GM-4T - vintage, or not. As musicyo.com is busy to manage their "out of stock" please one of you guys let me know if you have knowledge of any sale. Thanx.

GM-4T is such good !!!

Who have heard a Chinaese band called BEYOND ?

this is a video url

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcIiNFkQAIM&feature=related

another ~song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFPPTl-Pauc

I really support this band , to show how does a Chinaese band play Steinberger Guitars , and sing , I think you guys will like it if you have seen these video ~

enjoy !

Just curious RollingSun. What does the red writing over your nose say?

Ar first I thought you had been in fight until I looked a little closer and realized it was writing.

Just curious RollingSun. What does the red writing over your nose say?

Ar first I thought you had been in fight until I looked a little closer and realized it was writing.

It's just a fun ,My friend doodle my photo , It means rogue ,friendly !

Hey there' date='

I`m desperatey looking for a GM-4T - vintage, or not. As musicyo.com is busy to manage their "out of stock" please one of you guys let me know if you have knowledge of any sale. Thanx. [/quote']

I am starting to see quite a few on ebay these days if you have not found one.