Gibson Brands Forums

It's NOT possibile to buy a Steinnerger in Europe!!!

Steiny

Hi all!

This is my first message in this forum, I hope the first of many other.

I'm an happy owner of 2 old Steinbergers: 1 GR-4R and 1 GL4S.

Now I'd like to buy a new Synapse or ZT3, but On-Line stores do not sell Steinberger products outside of US.

Why Gibson is does not distribute these products here in Europe? I can't understand this.

Could you give me some suggestions?

Regards,

Maurizio.

• 3 weeks later...

Ciao Maurizio,

anche io ho dovuto comprare una steinberger (Synapse 2FPA) via internet... Il problema è che non hai assistenza (anche sul sito gibson europe... è uguale..)

Ora vorrei avere assistenza sulla mia che ha un Elow che frusta ma mi toccherà rifare la tastiera da un buon liutaio..

Certo è assurdo...

Maurizio

Ciao,

anch'io sono di Roma. Ho visto tardi la risposta perché questo forum è poco seguito e non mi collego tutti i giorni... Io mi volevo comprare una ZT-3, ma i dubbi che dici tu sul supporto. Una domanda: gibsonshop dice che se il prodotto inviato presenta difetti loro lo riparano/sostituiscono, perché a te non lo fanno?

Saluti,

Maurizio.

Ciao Maurizio' date='

anche io ho dovuto comprare una steinberger ...[/quote']

Hi guys,

one simple request from my side: is it possible to stay in English? My knowledge of the Italian language is good enough to order Pizza and Cappuccino in a restaurant... but not to follow a discussion about Steinberger imports in Europe. I recently answered the question of a German guy in English, and he asked me afterwards, why I didn't do that in German... well, exactly for this reason. This is an internationally visited forum, and I'm interested in "Steinbergers over Europe", too :-)

Tante saluti,

Bernd

Hi,

you are right, I agree with you.

I answered in Italian, because it seemed that no one was interested in this topic and just an Italian guy posted a reply.

I hope that this forum will grow...

I can make a summary of our posts for you:

The problem is that Steinberger's/Gibson's support seems very bad. Maurizio 1 (also my name is Maurizio, so I will be Maurizio 2...) said that he his Synapse has a problem on the fingerboard and he should repair it by himself, because the support is not helping him at all.

Now, I'd like to buy a new ZT-3, but at this point I have some doubts...

Bye,

Maurizio 2.

Now' date=' I'd like to buy a new ZT-3, but at this point I have some doubts...[/quote']

Hi Maurizio 2,

thanks for summing your conversation up :-)

About Steinberger support (and sales) in Europe, my experience is similar to yours. As posted in the "Steinberger USA" thread elsewhere in this forum, I've been trying to buy a GM-7T for years, and finally found (only a used) one on ebay. I've been talking to any known former Steinberger dealer in Germany, and also asked the Gibson guys on the Frankfurt music fair, but there was not a single piece of helpful information ...

As far as I understood, currently there is no official reseller, at least in Germany. The communication attempts by German dealers were ignored by MusicYo during the last years. I believe that a "trading channel" to Europe has to be newly established, now that things have changed. We'll see...

Ciao,

Bernd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update on this thread… I've been at the Frankfurt Music Fair (Musikmesse) 2009 yesterday, and was heavily disappointed. Of course the Gibson booth was a priority for me, since I never saw a real ZT-3 before. OK, now searching for Steinberger guitars was quite easy. Just go around the complete booth and look for the darkest corner. And there it was:

Five Steinies (a Spirit, a Synapse and a ZT-3, two basses) were attached to the wall. And I mean *attached*. They were fixed with cable ties. You couldn't take them of and play, what originally was one of the reasons for me to go there. To get my hands on it.

I've been talking to an Epiphone representative on the booth. He seemed to regret it, but the news are old ones: No plans for a Steinberger distribution in Europe. He said "not yet". Well…

My conclusion: I'll continue buying expensive GM's from ebay etc. I know them, I played them for a long time, I know what I get. I pay a lot of money for guitars I like, but I guess it won't be Gibson/Epiphone who get it. Sad, disappointing, a shame. In my eyes.

Bernd

• 3 weeks later...

Archived