Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage Steinberger parts...

mcrouter

• 2 weeks later...
OK with the demise of Steinberger stuff on Musicyo' date=' where will we be able to now get the vintage parts that they carried (sometimes...)? Like the bridge parts for the XL basses (string claws, etc)???[/quote']

Right now if looks like J Custom/Headless Research will be the only place to get some parts. They sell over Ebay and are located in South Korea.

JCUSTOM

Hyunjin Evervill 102-101

Gwangmyeong 5 dong

Gwangmyeong

423-774

South Korea

+82 01046680747

• 2 weeks later...
What!? Spare parts are only available in Korea?

Are you sure? I would need a S-Trem to replace the R-Trem I've in my GR4. Suggestions??

Ciao

The USA line has been discontinued so spare parts are going to be hard to find. You will be able to find R-Trems, maybe. Those will be used on the Spirit line that is still being sold.

The Korean company has come out with an S-Trem replacement but you do know that the R-Trem and the S-Trem do not interchange and that significant routing will be needed.

The USA line has been discontinued so spare parts are going to be hard to find. You will be able to find R-Trems' date=' maybe. Those will be used on the Spirit line that is still being sold.

The Korean company has come out with an S-Trem replacement but you do know that the R-Trem and the S-Trem do not interchange and that significant routing will be needed.[/quote']

Really?? My luthier, due to the fact the R-trem is broken, suggested me to look for an S-Trem, he told me he could adapt it. If Steinberger doesn't start to sell spare parts I stop to suggest this instrument and I'll start to spit poison!

Really?? My luthier' date=' due to the fact the R-trem is broken, suggested me to look for an S-Trem, he told me he could adapt it. If Steinberger doesn't start to sell spare parts I stop to suggest this instrument and I'll start to spit poison!

[/quote']

You can adapt the body to take an S/TT and the XS Trem from Headless Research looks to be better than the steinberger S Trem (although roller are definite tone suckers.)

You can adapt the body to take an S/TT and the XS Trem from Headless Research looks to be better than the steinberger S Trem (although roller are definite tone suckers.)

Thanks for the info. I've tried to reach a website of Headless research but Google didn't help me a lot. Have you any web adress to suggest?

Thanks for the info. I've tried to reach a website of Headless research but Google didn't help me a lot. Have you any web adress to suggest?

They seem to appear on Ebay as a E shop from time to time .The Guys at Steinberger World will probably have a contact email.

They seem to appear on Ebay as a E shop from time to time .The Guys at Steinberger World will probably have a contact email.

The shop: HeadlessResearch

The address, as recently published in the Steinberger Yahoo Group:

JCUSTOM

Hyunjin Evervill 102-101

Gwangmyeong 5 dong

Gwangmyeong

423-774

South Korea

+82 01046680747

imegamac@empal.com

Regards,

Bernd