Gibson Brands Forums

Synapse +

Eagle

It would be nice if Steinberger made a deluxe version of this guitar especially as there is no GL anymore.

The design is very good but Eppiphone's QC is questionable at best .

It simply dose not match similar priced instruments from other companys. I have rebuilt mine completely and now it is one of my favorite guitars.

The rebuild consisted of a complete rewire using CRL switch CTS 25KA pots and Orange drop cap ,re-fret with 6100 to the 17th and then 6105 sized Jescar SS wire and a Plek dress ,refitting the headpiece (straight) and cleaning up as far as possible .I wanted to re-profile the neck but could not get sufficient information about the size of the graphite U tube around the truss rod to proceed. The remaining flaws will be corrected (poor shaping and sanding marks) when I get this data as it will need to be refinished after the neck reprofie

Anyone who has played this guitar wants it but realises that the standard model would need similar work making it $$$$.

Come on Gibson How about a guitar that will get you some Endorses and some sales of lower priced models on the back of it ! No inspirational models means no one buys the others because they can't afford the one they really want.

When Steinberger was the flavor of the month "late 80s"(the reason you bought it) top players played GL's Who plays a Synapse??? They would want to play mine!.

Come on Gibson How about a guitar that will get you some Endorses and some sales of lower priced models on the back of it ! No inspirational models means no one buys the others because they can't afford the one they really want.

When Steinberger was the flavor of the month "late 80s"(the reason you bought it) top players played GL's Who plays a Synapse??? They would want to play mine!.

EVH and Vito Bratta. That's why I have a huge collection of Steinbergers. I don't know what it would take to reproduce that these days, but they don't seem to be trying very hard to do it.

EVH and Vito Bratta. That's why I have a huge collection of Steinbergers. I don't know what it would take to reproduce that these days' date=' but they don't seem to be trying very hard to do it.[/quote']

That's right

No high end product = No sales.

Well certainly limited and no widespread exposure other than advertising with some nobody playing it.

Archived