Gibson Brands Forums

SCORE!! Vintage Gibby in da house!!

Hoss

I was holding my breath all through the auction, but sometimes things just break your way. (Then there's the overnight shipping issues-- don't get me started!)

However, this 1939 J-100 has found a new home--

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/forrest_02/Misc/mynewguitar.jpg

Yes- that's a quick shot of her on my couch. (And, yes, it does resemble the sellers couch. I guess folks who appreciate old and rare Gibson guitars have similar tastes in furnature. Does that surprise you? I'm actually at a greater loss to explain the similar pictures hanging behind our couches-- though I can't really appraise whether or not the seller's are original and valuable oils, as are mine.)

It cost me $5025--but I'm pleased and feel confident that I should be able to recoup my investment if necessary.

I realize that a few of the members of this forum may have participated in this auction, and I wish to assure them that I have no hard feelings with respect to our friendly competition- and hope that they are big enough to acknowledge that they have been bested and just move on with their lives. Really- forget that this was your one chance to ever come close to such a wonderful instrument, let alone own it. Now get off my yard before I let out the dogs.

I think Hoss is the one with the rude surprise coming. I struck a deal with the seller and he had it shipped same day delivery through Fed Ex Emergency (normally reserved for organ transplants). Here I am polishing it in my living room. Yes, I know we all seem to have the same furniture. What can I say? Sears had a sale.

2wcgwb7.jpg

I think Hoss is the one with the rude surprise coming. I struck a deal with the seller and he had it shipped same day delivery through Fed Ex Emergency (normally reserved for organ transplants). Here I am polishing it in my living room...

You see, this is exactly the type of boorish behavior I would expect from some bitter individual who just was outbid on a rare and beautiful object such as this J-100...There I times when this forum does nothing for my faith in human behavior and our future as a species.

'Sears' Indeed!!

Archived