Gibson Brands Forums

Need a neck for my Newbergh Steinberger.

VnMJack

If anyone has a neck for a Newbergh Steinberger laying around, let me know. Mine is a bit warped and I can't get my action where I want it. Also, I cannot get the transtrem feature on the high E string adjusted correctly. It seems I can't turn the screw far enough. I have replaced the whole string jaw. Thanks for any advice.

VnMJack

If anyone has a neck for a Newbergh Steinberger laying around' date=' let me know. Mine is a bit warped and I can't get my action where I want it. Also, I cannot get the transtrem feature on the high E string adjusted correctly. It seems I can't turn the screw far enough. I have replaced the whole string jaw. Thanks for any advice.

VnMJack[/quote']

Try a different brand string ,some don't calibrate at all on certain guitars that are at the edges of tolerances.

I have tried both D'Adderio and LaBella strings. I also took it to a luthier who said it was a bit warped. I talked to Ed Roman in Las Vegas' date=' but was hoping to get a less expensive neck.

VnMJack[/quote']

Post pics I bet it's fixable

Don't give up on your original neck ,It's much better than a Moses replacement .

You need to find a repair man that is used to working on Steinbergers.

The fingerboard is quite thick and you could level it and re-fret with stainless steel and then Plek at the same time to produce results that a stock Moses could only dream of.

The Moses can be made to be good, but it needs a lot of work to make the grade.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived