Gibson Brands Forums

Any plans to add Piezo to the SS-2F??

badblueaxe

Just wondering if anybody knows whether or not Steinberger plans to add the piezo option to the SS-2F Synapse, i.e., the "non-baritone" model. I love the idea of a Steinberger guitar with two EMG's and the piezo, but I'd prefer it with a regular scale neck. According to Gibson, there is no way to order this. Has anyone heard differently?

BBA

No "BUT" you could fit the piezo bridge parts to the SS2F and a fishman power chip .The use of a dual concentric pot could get around drilling out extra holes along the lines of the Parker nightfly (this uses the powerchip.)

a switch would still be needed though.

I wouldn't be opposed to drilling extra holes or making any modifications necessary in order to get it done. I would also love to be able to "blend" the piezo sound with the HB (just as one can on the FPA). Where would you suggest I try and get this done? I know a few decent repairmen in New York City, but I think I'd want this done by somebody REALLY on the case. Any thoughts are much appreciated! Thanks..

As the bridge is already available maybe you could just fit the whole transcale board and controls. The board mounted pots could be removed and wired to give you some flexibility, also the switch could be changed for the strat style one on there already .Start with Peakamoose, the address is on Steinberger world .

The "correct" solution would be to fit the transcale board filling the existing holes and refinishing the body to make it look stock, good luck!

Hey Eagle -- thanks for your help. But it looks like it may be more trouble (and money) than it's worth. I might spring for it anyway -- I just have a hard time understanding why they wouldn't include the piezo electronics on their regular-necked guitar. I prefer the regular necked model because of its smaller size, and frankly, the standard fretboard markings. It just seems silly that they wouldn't offer the SS-2F with the piezo! Oh well. Still investigating..

Hey Eagle -- there's no point to doing the mod' date=' I think. It'll just cost too much. I just don't get it though. Ned's made a great piezo pickup, and it should be available as an option on ALL of his guitars, not just on a baritone. [/quote']

I agree, it would be a nice option

I hate to say it but just go get a Parker Nightfly .

Archived