Gibson Brands Forums

Sorry - I had to return it

bassnharp

I bought a Spirit XT-2 online just last week. No matter what I did I couldn't get the G string to tune up to a G. I adjusted everything I could and I just ran out of thread on the tuner. It could have just been the string but it was brand new, what the heck.

I was also very disappointed with the overall balance and the position the neck was relative to left playing hand. It was definitely a few inches further reach to the nut. The pickup closest to the neck was not parallel to the strings either. Output was pretty weak but that may be because I am use to active electronics. Maybe the Synapse solves all these problems but I surely wouldn't order one online. What would it take to add the strap extension and do a little quality control.

Overall I was very disappointed with the bass. I know it is their low end but come on, they should at least make sure it plays in tune before they ship it. If I was Ned Steinberger I would be ashamed to put my name on it.

For the record I'm about Mr. Steinberger's age myself and am in a customer service business. He really needs to know about the poor quality. Hopefully this message will make it's way to him. I must say that Musicians Friend (where I bought it) was great and sent me a return UPS label without much question. They even offered to send some new strings to try but based on the rest of the issues I was not going to keep it anyway.

Archived