Gibson Brands Forums

Question

xana

Hi guys

i am writing from italy.

i 've read from Musicyo.com that i can find all steinberger production from www.steinberger.com....well i am very happy for this.

ten years ago i bought a fantastic steinberger gm with s trem. i lovet it but i sold for the problem to find accessories and parts....in 2000 steinberger disappeared from the market....So i did it.

Now.....I can't see the traditional steinberger gm on steinberger.com.....:-((((( the traditional steinberger with truss road, strem or transtrem , the same guitar i could see on musicyo until few mounth ago......the fantastic GM o GR....

Why?

will be returnet in the market? i hope....

thx for the answer....and sorry for my english :-(

It is my understanding that MusicYo has shut down. The current line of available Steinbergers can be found at www.steinberger.com. The site also has a list of dealer sites. Getting parts is a problem. One person suggested that I contact Gibson directly (they own Steinberger) and try to get it from their back inventory or special order the part. I have not tried this yet, but might be doing so very soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! A few days ago ?ve contacted Gibson Europe for getting a part for a Synapse, and their response was not much hopeful nor helpful: first they told me to ask my zone dealer, who after inquiry got the response that such parts would not be available in Europe.

Then I got back to Gibson Europe once again, saying what the(ir?) response was, and asking them to study this problems as now MusicYo is shut down, and this situation only will make Steinberger sink, either for present owners, or for anyone considering about to purchase a new one. Today they responded that they are seeing if it's really possible to get the part I want, but said nothing about any general Steinberger parts policy...

Greetings, JPB

Archived