Gibson Brands Forums

Help with wiring the BB King Anniversary " 80" model

Andreja

Hallo there,

I need some help from you guys at the Forum as well as HELP from the Administrator:

I have one of those very limited B.B. King guitars with a 80 on a headstock.

Since I got it the guitar few years ago I have some kind of bad connection with the output jack. I' is a stereo guitar that also has a mono output, so there is 2 output jacks, and none of them actually work as should...I believe something is wrong with the wiring to the output jack or with the toggle switch, because when the guitar is plugged she refuses to give sound on one of one of the PU's.

Using Mono cable:

1) I have both PU's working in the middle position and I have the rhythm PU working as should but when I switch to lead / bridge PU it doesn't work.

2)When using the other output jack with a mono cable is the contrary occurs the rhythm PU doesn't work.

The Varitone apparently works fine in all the positions but eventually there is a bad connection somewhere...?

I want to fix it but where and what shall I do? where to start looking to find out the Problem and the solution?

Can I have some kind of schematic for this model?

How is this guitar wired with the Varitone?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

A+

• 2 years later...

Did you ever get an answer for your question? I have a 2003 Lucile that acts same as yours. I have to remove cable from upper jack then reinsert and it's ok again for a while - very strange behaviour.

I have one of those very limited B.B. King guitars with a 80 on a headstock.

Since I got it the guitar few years ago I have some kind of bad connection with the output jack. I' is a stereo guitar that also has a mono output, so there is 2 output jacks, and none of them actually work as should...I believe something is wrong with the wiring to the output jack or with the toggle switch, because when the guitar is plugged she refuses to give sound on one of one of the PU's.

Using Mono cable:

1) I have both PU's working in the middle position and I have the rhythm PU working as should but when I switch to lead / bridge PU it doesn't work.

2)When using the other output jack with a mono cable is the contrary occurs the rhythm PU doesn't work.

The Varitone apparently works fine in all the positions but eventually there is a bad connection somewhere...?

I want to fix it but where and what shall I do? where to start looking to find out the Problem and the solution?

Can I have some kind of schematic for this model?

How is this guitar wired with the Varitone?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

A+

Archived